AI cheats at gambling

Totalcross3000

I had absolutely no issues with the gambling... I thought the AI was good enough, and I don't think it ever cheated with me. The fact is, you can cheat in for example Poker... What do you have a hard time with?

EDIT:

If you want cash, I'd save in Blackwater, then go down and play against the 4 guys sitting down there, wait until you got a decent starter hand and bet all you got. If you lose, just load and do it again. This way you got a decent start. You can also use the costume that allow you to cheat to win some few rounds. I won 500 at that twice, which is all that is needed for that 1k costume requirement.

Edited by MMDE

I just learned how to win at poker myself. Trying to bully the AI out of a game by upping the ante usually drags the game out just as long as actually playing to win would take anyways.

What I meant was pushing a couple of the AI's out very early in the game and get a good head start. This makes it way easier and way less likely you will waste a lot of time on a long round that just ends with you losing. After that you should bet smart and only bet a lot on really good hands.

Edited by MMDE

That's a quick way to end up disappointed in my experience.

When the AI checks usually they have nothing and then raising makes them fold. And if you not confident with your cards you can always fold and make them fight each other.

That was my strategy, I'd hang back and let them eliminate each other until it was just me and two others, then prey on the weaker of the two until it was one on one.

That's a quick way to end up disappointed in my experience.

That's why you save some few seconds before. Only takes less than a minute to retry. After 2-3 attempts (2-3 minutes), you've made it and can sit there securely with a good head start and knocked out several opponents making it much easier.

Can you eliminate an opponent then go to a bed, save and come back and he won't be at the table anymore?  :hmm:

No. What you can do is try to get someone away from the table, but I'm not sure this works well at all, as I've never tried it. I know something similar works for like the arm wrestling. F*** arm wrestling. Push the second guy who stands in line away from the table by just walking into him enough. If done correctly, he will just walk away casually. Then you only need to beat that one dude who sits there and have "beat" that one location you need for the plat. It might work on that arm/knife thingie too, but I didn't test, because I beat one of them just fine, and the other I just programmed a controller to do it for me. It did it perfectly. lol :D

As for the poker, save at the inn or whatever, there should be one next to the poker table you must beat. Wait for decent start cards, not low pairs, but either high pair or a couple of high cards. Go all in, yes, before the flop (the 3 first cards on the table), because the opponents are very likely to go all-in too. If you win, good for you, you just knocked someone out of the game and got all their cash, if you lose, just go into the start menu and load back to the inn you just saved at. This shouldn't take more than 1 minute, and while you may lose a couple of times, you're very likely to win too. With decent start cards, you may have more than 50% chance to win if only one opponent goes all in. Usually in Blackwater there are two, in which case around 30-40%, which are decent odds, and shouldn't take you more than 1 or 2 attempts to succeed at. This will save you tens of minutes of playing and afterwards you got a good head start making you far less likely this whole game was a waste of time.

So while what damon said is true, that you may have to load a couple of times, you save quite a lot of time in the long run, and it worked excellent in my experience.

Edited by MMDE