How much of a grind is this game.

Some of the trophies are a huge grind. The familiars trophy and alchemy can be huge. Best advice is go farm the early familiars, bring them to the Ivory Tower (final stage in the game) and bring them out for a fight. If you are a high enough level, AoE spells should kill everything on screen. Those early familiars will level real quick.

As for the alchemy, there isn't much way around it. If you aren't collecting and picking up items as you are playing the story, you have to go back and grind. You need a large amount of some early/rare ingredients. I would strongly suggest a guide to help you out. This one http://www.ign.com/wikis/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/Alchemy_Recipes is really pretty comprehensive and gives you locations to all the ingredients as well. It helped me out a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

I just find the feel of the grind so horrendous. I agree there are way grindier games in reality. The story is well worth it though so happy to be finished get IN!!!!!!!!! Got to have a break before I go back and platinum this beast felt longer than Persona 5 royal! :)

• Like 1