WayForward celebrates 25 years of Games by giving NA + members "Mighty Flip Champs! DX" for free(3/10-17)

DarknessKey92

NewspostWFLogo.png

RELEASE_DSiWare_WF_Group.png

Hello friends, fans, and game industry folks! WayForward would like to formally invite you to join us in celebrating 25 years as an independent game developer.  Voldi Way founded the company in 1990, (naming it in honor of Sci-Fi writer Douglas Adams) with the goal of building a one-of-a-kind studio where passionate people could create great games together.  A quarter century and countless titles later, Voldi’s entrepreneurial spirit still drives WayForward forward.  From Fun Pack to Pirate’s Curse, we’ve poured every ounce of our energies into making memorable characters, music and stories while always putting game play first.  Throughout 2015 we would like to celebrate with you in a variety of ways, including new titles featuring familiar characters and even a few new faces. And as you might expect we’ll throw the number 25 around now and again, just to get a cheap laugh.

Speaking of cheap, our first (and probably best) way to kick things off is by putting as many of our “fan favorite” titles on sale, with many being reduced to a mere 25% of the original price.  A sale like this requires coordination by many of our partners worldwide so prices and dates are subject to change. Check back here for up to the minute details. Our current list of titles participating in the WayForward 25th Celebration:

PSN (3/10-3/17, North America):
Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) – FREE

(Edit 3/10/15 : **For Playstation Plus members Only!**)

iOS (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):

– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Full Version (iOS) – FREE
– Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down! (iOS) – 50% off

Steam (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut (Steam) – 75% off

Nintendo 3DS eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! (3DS) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS) – 25% off

Nintendo Wii U eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off

• Like 3

Thats cool of them, but I can say in confidence I have quite literally no idea who they are. 

They've done some games, but nothing huge I'd say... You can see them all on this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WayForward_Technologies

For everyone who doesn't live in NA, I guess you will have to create a NA account and download then... that is if you want the game. To all trophy hunters, it's a mini without any trophies.

• Like 2

They've done some games, but nothing huge I'd say... You can see them all on this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WayForward_Technologies

For everyone who doesn't live in NA, I guess you will have to create a NA account and download then... that is if you want the game. To all trophy hunters, it's a mini without any trophies.

Thanks for the link, I recognized a few games. What was odd to me was that an indie studio made so many licensed games. Didn't really think that'd go hand in hand. Seems to be working for them though!

Thanks for the link, I recognized a few games. What was odd to me was that an indie studio made so many licensed games. Didn't really think that'd go hand in hand. Seems to be working for them though!

Yeah, It's an interesting combination and I think it's far better than some big company that usually deals with AAA budgets.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1