Kill 10 Destroyers

MMDE

I personally found Destruction Preventer, a trophy in the new Defenders DLC, to be the hardest trophy in the entire game, so I thought I'd share some tips on how to do it.

• You will need to kill 10 destroyers in one session.
  • The destroyers spawn about once every two minutes. So this will take at least 20 minutes.
  • You can tell if a destroyer is about to spawn by the counter in the top left.
  • No destroyer will spawn until you've delivered the first human both at the beginning of the game and after the first flip.
  • You can destroy a destroyer by delivering humans to the city, but beware that if by delivering the humans you also flip the world, the kill might not count. I suspect this is because you don't actually kill the destroyer, but instead it disappears because the city goes away.
  • Don't pick up shield power-ups if you already got one, because you can save it until you lose the one you currently have. This can sort of be extra lives for you. You can tell if you got a shield if there's blue light inside your circle.
  • I personally found this to be easier solo if for no other reason than additional lag or your co-op partner not being able to read your mind (sure voice chat works well).
  • Learn the enemies, they are always the "same", find ways to survive the harder ones. I think they spawn dependent on time. I know if you deliver a lot of humans and become very strong, the enemies will be upgraded too, so try to push the game back as much as you can.
  • Control the spawns days and when you deliver the humans. See what works for you. I recommend you don't try to rush the next flip unless you need more power ups or similar.
  • Certain power-ups are random, some are not, use this to your advantage, and maybe reset if you get bad random power ups early on.
  • Boost is a life-saver, but don't forget to use the overdrive too.
  • When you deliver the last humans before flipping the world, you should deliver some extra, for extra power ups. If I'm not entirely wrong, they can give you random power ups, but if you deliver a lot extra the additional ones will just be "bonus" power-ups (multiplier up).
  • I personally used a custom made little dot of a ship, with the Nemesis weapon, full agility and half boost. I find that this setup overall fits the most situations, and gets me through the harder parts, even if the weapon could be stronger.
  • I recommend you save bombs until near the end, until you really need it and it sucks to having to do it again.
  • Personally, I had to kill 14 of them before it popped, which was at 28+ minute mark. I survived until almost 32 minutes (16th destroyer was about to spawn). I think the hardest part start at around 16-18 and lasts until like 20-22 or so, after that it calms down again.
Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

Mind if I ask you to add about which DLC you are talking about? I don't own the PS4 version (which I suppose to be the one you are talking about, since I platted the ps3/ps vita version and don't know what you are talking about), but that could clear up the confusion that could happen in the future? BTW, don't answer below, just edit your post with the info if you can.

Mind if I ask you to add about which DLC you are talking about? I don't own the PS4 version (which I suppose to be the one you are talking about, since I platted the ps3/ps vita version and don't know what you are talking about), but that could clear up the confusion that could happen in the future? BTW, don't answer below, just edit your post with the info if you can.

Yeah, but this is posted in the PS4 section, not the PS3 section. I did edit my post though. To anyone who got Resogun on PS4 and is interested in 100%, it's rather obvious which trophy it is, seeing as it's clearly one of the hardest trophies. The PS3 version is pretty bad in comparison to the PS4 version btw.

Yeah, but this is posted in the PS4 section, not the PS3 section. I did edit my post though. To anyone who got Resogun on PS4 and is interested in 100%, it's rather obvious which trophy it is, seeing as it's clearly one of the hardest trophies. The PS3 version is pretty bad in comparison to the PS4 version btw.

I thought so because AFAIK there are no DLCs for the ps3/ps vita versions. I liked how you edited it now, looks even clearer than before, thanks for taking your time into it. I see the list you compiled to be very detailed, I bet it will help people in due time, good job.

I thought so because AFAIK there are no DLCs for the ps3/ps vita versions. I liked how you edited it now, looks even clearer than before, thanks for taking your time into it. I see the list you compiled to be very detailed, I bet it will help people in due time, good job.

Yeah, the PS4 version has like an additional 6 modes (Survivor, Demolition, Commando, Protector, Challenges, Battle) now + "feats". Then there's a ranking system, you can level up. There's a ship editor, you can make your own or share. It also runs much better in general.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...

Any idea if 1 player can die while playing and still get the trophy while the buddy with who you're playing finishes the job?

For example: If I am playing with another person online, and he dies when we kill, say 3rd destroyer. Now if I would play up to the 10th destroyer and kill it (and get the trophy ) would that other person get it also ?

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea if 1 player can die while playing and still get the trophy while the buddy with who you're playing finishes the job?

For example: If I am playing with another person online, and he dies when we kill, say 3rd destroyer. Now if I would play up to the 10th destroyer and kill it (and get the trophy ) would that other person get it also ?

I think that might be possible. I can't remember anymore, but IIRC it worked for some other trophies. I did this trophy solo, and found that to be the easiest by far.

I think that might be possible. I can't remember anymore, but IIRC it worked for some other trophies. I did this trophy solo, and found that to be the easiest by far.

I think is virtually impossible in co-op. I'm not sure if they patched it, but it certainly seems like enemies scale in co-op. I played with a decent partner, and we had trouble getting consistently to ~ 8 destroyers before being overwhelmed.

I ended up going for it solo, and easily made it to ~14 without much risk - in fact I didn't use a single bomb, and only lost my shield once. I did use a custom ship with a bit less boost and more overdrive (7&3, respectively), and 5 for agility. I probably could have gone further, but didn't see the point.

I also think they have patched the issue with flipping the map, as my trophy popped right on 10, despite having a few flips.

As for the question of both players getting it if one dies, I cannot say for certain as it seems so hard in co-op. I can say that the trophy for reaching the 5th day on one of the previous DLCs does NOT pop if you die. I tried to help a friend with that and he died around day 3, I made it into the 6th day, but no trophy for him (I already had it)

• 3 months later...

I think is virtually impossible in co-op. I'm not sure if they patched it, but it certainly seems like enemies scale in co-op. I played with a decent partner, and we had trouble getting consistently to ~ 8 destroyers before being overwhelmed.

I ended up going for it solo, and easily made it to ~14 without much risk - in fact I didn't use a single bomb, and only lost my shield once. I did use a custom ship with a bit less boost and more overdrive (7&3, respectively), and 5 for agility. I probably could have gone further, but didn't see the point.

I also think they have patched the issue with flipping the map, as my trophy popped right on 10, despite having a few flips.

As for the question of both players getting it if one dies, I cannot say for certain as it seems so hard in co-op. I can say that the trophy for reaching the 5th day on one of the previous DLCs does NOT pop if you die. I tried to help a friend with that and he died around day 3, I made it into the 6th day, but no trophy for him (I already had it)

Flipping the map one-hit-kills the destroyers, but yeah, this at least used to not count as a kill, because you don't actually kill them but instead send them away, sort of. :P

I'm guessing it got harder in co-op due to more and faster flipping. There's definitely a connection between how many times you flip and how strong the enemies are.