How to Solve Freezing Issue

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the tip, I'll try this method on my next runs. just today the game crashed 3 times, on floor 49, floor 43 and floor 24. I'll leave a feedback on this post if it worked or not.

EDIT: It worked like a charm. Got it on my first try today and it didn't crash, thank you very much for the tip!

Edited by Feyitan

• 3 months later...

Well, I just finished this game... and it was a struggle. Let me just start off by saying that it froze 10 times for me. Considering it takes 1-2 hours to grind treasures over 10 floors (I was running floors 71-80 for character upgrades because I found 91-95 a bit difficult without zeldron's armor), it really frustrated me when the game crashed. I'm not even joking... I probably wasted 7-8 hours because of freezes. Such BS. I honestly wanted to give up on this game because of how frustrated I got but I had already invested too much time. However, I did notice a few things that seemed to work for me and I thought I would share them here. For anyone unfortunate enough going for the platinum, I have a few tips that might help with the freezing issues. While the nightoshpere seems to be where the majority of freezes tend to occur from what I have read and experienced, these tips can be used anywhere: 

1) As already mentioned here, play offline. 

2) Let the treasures and tokens tally up at the end of the floor before pressing 'X' to continue to the next floor.

3) Try not to use the stairs to exit a floor if there are a bunch of enemies on screen/nearby. I don't know about others but I experienced some severe game lag during instances like this and this may contribute to freezing issues if you try to use the stairs at the same time. 

4) Before exiting a floor, stand in front of the stairs for a few seconds if possible. I had the feeling that quickly unlocking the stairs with a key and using it too quickly might have caused the game to crash on a couple occasions (maybe these instances were a coincidence). Don't bring up the map (select button) before using the stairs either. 

5) Just a thought, but maybe collecting too many tokens on a floor might increase the chance of the game crashing after the tally screen. 

Just as a disclaimer, nobody knows for sure what works and what doesn't, but these tips might prove useful for anyone that is struggling with freezing issues. 

On a side note, for the nightosphere run, don't even bother using the heart sweater token that people recommend you to use. I didn't find it effective. Rather, if using Finn, use zeldron's armor (halves the damage you receive), speedy feet (obviously), and sack o' lunch (gives you full health after every floor). In my opinion, this is probably the best loadout to use. With these 3 tokens, you're basically a walking tank. Trust me, the sack o' lunch token is one of the best for the 50 floor run as you can take as much damage as you want knowing you will get full health back on the next floor. 

**Sack o' lunch will NOT refill your health after a boss fight floor, only regular floors. Keep this in mind if you take a lot of damage during a boss fight. 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Reviving this cause I'm currently going for the plat. I honestly think it's random. I just had a crash on floor 24 of the nightosphere and had none of what you describe happen to me. I had 0 enemies, gave it plenty of time, let things tally (I was just running through it as fast as possible) and was playing offline. Truly a pain but I know this is the only hard part about this whole list rn 

• 9 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 6:16 PM, Zackeurysm said:

Reviving this cause I'm currently going for the plat. I honestly think it's random. I just had a crash on floor 24 of the nightosphere and had none of what you describe happen to me. I had 0 enemies, gave it plenty of time, let things tally (I was just running through it as fast as possible) and was playing offline. Truly a pain but I know this is the only hard part about this whole list rn 

I intend to go for the plat soon so if you dont mind me ask a few questions:

- How many hours it took you so far?

- Are you doing solo? Any difficult spike if playing alone?

- Are you playing on the PS3?