Hardware or software for recording PS videos?

lpgcavazos

Hi guys! I posted this topic previously, but it was when servers changed so I wasn't saved towards the new one lol.

Anyway, I'm planning to do a more personal youtube channel, with reviews, vblogs and stuff about me, etc; but for the reviews I want to review the game with my own gameplay showing at the screen; or maybe later I could make some video guides..

So I want to ask if someone knows a hardware and/or software that allows me to record my playthroughs in my MacBook. Something that catches 1080p HD, sound, and that may ship internationally, since I live in Mexico.

Thank you :)!

• Like 2

Hi guys! I posted this topic previously, but it was when servers changed so I wasn't saved towards the new one lol.

Anyway, I'm planning to do a more personal youtube channel, with reviews, vblogs and stuff about me, etc; but for the reviews I want to review the game with my own gameplay showing at the screen; or maybe later I could make some video guides..

So I want to ask if someone knows a hardware and/or software that allows me to record my playthroughs in my MacBook. Something that catches 1080p HD, sound, and that may ship internationally, since I live in Mexico.

Thank you :)!

As for hardware, you'll need a video capturing device. - http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-10025010-Game-Capture-HD/dp/B00840353W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426986990&sr=8-1&keywords=elgato+game+capture+hd

The one in the link is just an example. There are others, but that one is known to be one of the best when it comes to quality/price.

As for software, a video editing program would be necessary. I'd generally say Windows Movie Maker is an obvious and cheap choice, but since you're a Mac user,Imovie might be an equivalent program. I've hardly ever used Mac so I#m not too sure on the program.

Possibly a sound editing program as well, like Adobe Soundbooth or Goldwave.

A good mic

Here's a guide for setting up the capture device I linked above:

If you want to live stream, then you should look for something else. If you "just" want to record video and edit and record sound/speech afterwards this will be fine. Read this customer review: http://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R1GXGTET4KS9A/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00840353W#R1GXGTET4KS9A

As for editing sotware, there are bascially 3 options on the Mac.

Apple Imovie

Apple Final cut

Adobe Premiere pro