Genocide help: 12,000 kills per hour!

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share something i just discovered.

As you probably knows, the Genocide trophy asks you to kill 50.000 ennemy, which is a LOT. Even finishing the game in both easy and hard mode won't get you there.
Some level can get you a lot of kills quickly, but what i have found is by far the most efficient and quick way to get that trophy. You'll be able to get up to 200 kills per minutes. Which is 12,000 per hour!

It takes place on level 17 (first blood) That level is by itself one of the easiest to get a lot of kill quickly. But my method will be twice as efficient!

So, load up "First blood". Then, as fast as you can:

- enter the house (this will knock the first ennemy down

- pick up his gun

- DON'T shoot (in my video i did without consequences, but sometimes you'll reappear with ennemies already dead)

This will cause a glitch that allows you to restart the level from where you died, WITH THE WEAPON IN YOUR HANDS! In my experience, you have to trigger the glitch on your first try (or you'll have to rewind that level, which isn't particularly long, but keep that in mind ^^)

From that point, simply kill as much ennemies as possible, then let yourself die. And repeat this as much as you need.

If the weapon you picked up is a shotgun, or if you did'nt succeed to trigger the glitch, just rewind the level. This will change the first ennemy weapon and you'll be able to trigger the glitch

In my video (2'20 with the glitch) i killed around 470 ennemies. I think that this is the quickiest method to get a lot of kills in no time!

As you can also see in my video (starting at 30'), sometimes you'll restart surrounded by ennemies without any possible movement. Just rewind and try again. That glitch is NOT difficult to trigger (less than 10 tries eveytime)

Edited by lesk8vaincra
  • Like 4

To be honest, i don't know. But level 17 is really easy, so i did the glitch during like 20 minutes, then finished the level, then start the level again.

I just got the trophy, it took me about 1 hour to get it. So i think getting all A+ and finishing hard mode gave me about 35000~40000 kills.

It is not as grindy as it may sound with that trick :)

• 3 weeks later...

By far the easiest way, thanks!

Did it ever crash on you? It's the last trophy I need for the platinum. I've been doing it for a little over an hour and haven't gotten the trophy yet. At one point the game froze and crashed. I've had a lot of bugs hit me in this game so I'm worried that hitting 50k made the game crash and so now the trophy won't pop. Wish there was a way to see how many kills you've gotten.

• 1 month later...

Finally earned it a few minutes ago. I missed the moment it popped because I was watching stuff while I grinding for kills.

I've had the game crash on me twice during the entire thing, but luckily my kills were saved. Be sure to pause the game every once in a while, as the game is automatically saved every time you do.

• 2 months later...