MP necessary for plat?

Hello all I wanted to start this game but I am hesitant on mp related trophies. I know that the game time is an approximate 200 hrs but do I need to do any missions online for the plat? I'm very cautious about vita plats I don't want to end up in another Ragnarok situation.

I haven't played the game but I think you can check the guide (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/toukiden-age-of-demons/guide/) for info about the MP trophies. I can see there are 8 but I have no idea what the requirements are.

Thanks I had read that earlier but had only skimmed the description and didn't see what specifically had to be done online however i believe this quote nails it:

"So while you can technically complete the online missions without ever connecting to the internet, there is some incentive to play with others, particularly if you can do so with a regular group.

Note that some oni -and by extension, some weapons and armor sets- will only become available via progression through the online missions." -He1senberg (pstrophies guide).

I dont really understand how the online mode works yet (do you connect to others?) but ill keep reading. Thanks for the help.

well, i have played the game and the "phase" missions (different from story mode) are online but they can also be done solo with the ai or in adhoc mode. i highly recommend doing them online though since some of the later missions are pretty hard

Edited by Vanilla
  • Like 1

well, i have played the game and the "phase" missions (different from story mode) are online but they can also be done solo with the ai or in adhoc mode. i highly recommend doing them online though since some of the later missions are pretty hard

Thank you this is just what i needed to know specifically the solo online portion.

It's like most MH-like games, nothing requires to go online, but it definitely helps.

I hoped that this was the case unfortunately, in ragnarok you had to play100 missions online with another person and worse there was a trophy for connecting to 2 other people to finish a mission.  The online for that game is dead on my side of the world and ive attempted to attend gaming sessions with these specific trophies on mind with no luck. 

MP trophies are generally undesirable but vita MP trophies are the worst.