Cursed Pthumerian Defilement (Defiled Dungeon)

PACKSTER69

Also sorry for the misleading Amygdala, is just that she is the gateway to the lecture building xD and since i love her cutscene saying how amygdala must have mercy, I said her, hahah

I have stuck been at the watchdog for sometime now. I've tried the tactics you guys gave and it works pretty good up untill the last sliver of health because then he starts to combo into the charge which I just can't dodge at that point. Also how do you evade his leap attack because when i dodge forward.backward or to the sides I always get hit.

You mean his dash one?

The watchdog is really the hardest boss in my opinion, because he's basically learn all his patterns. Amygdala is also.hard, but you can trick her. Watchdog on the other hand is random, and all his attacks are possible to evade and counter attack.

I think doing like I did in the video was actually successful, I tried again and beat him again, off course it was diffent since he is random, but he's attack are the same

Whenever he chokes, run to him and attack his legs, when he inhales to the right he will attack to your left and also the other way around.
Whenever he flames on he will dash, just dodge prior to his second of flame. Legs right and left are also for the sweep flame attack in the same pattern as the head attack. Also watchdog is patience, you can't go all out on him, he will kill you in one attack

Edited by Mah2c

No worries Mah2c, kinda figured you meant the lecture hall.  I was at Abhorrent Beast when I stopped Loren, just fought it...awful excuse for a boss fight.  I'll beat him if I keep at it, but that's not the problem for me...it's just not fun at all.   The entire set-up of these dungeons is just a tiring chore and I just can't be bothered with it anymore, I know I skipped the NGs, and that's my fault, but I'd still have to play through all these awful dungeons regardless...  I might just move onto NG+ :)

@DDrag00n...that cheap spontaneous charge got me a number of times, just keep at it you'll win eventually, it's just yet another very badly balanced boss in Bloodborne, Amygdala is the same, really cheap OHKOs!

• Like 1

No worries Mah2c, kinda figured you meant the lecture hall.  I was at Abhorrent Beast when I stopped Loren, just fought it...awful excuse for a boss fight.  I'll beat him if I keep at it, but that's not the problem for me...it's just not fun at all.   The entire set-up of these dungeons is just a tiring chore and I just can't be bothered with it anymore, I know I skipped the NGs, and that's my fault, but I'd still have to play through all these awful dungeons regardless...  I might just move onto NG+ :)

@DDrag00n...that cheap spontaneous charge got me a number of times, just keep at it you'll win eventually, it's just yet another very badly balanced boss in Bloodborne, Amygdala is the same, really cheap OHKOs!

ahhh abhorrent beast xD good times :) is just like i mentioned, it our choice, doing the new playthrough and get the 2 jelly at the lecture hall again, or fight abhorrent beast two times as a boss between layers in lower loran. Since i did both, i can say if all honesty that doing new game plus is way more fun, since the bosses are harder and also because you get more and more materials and double weapons as you go to amygdala

• Like 1

ahhh abhorrent beast xD good times :) is just like i mentioned, it our choice, doing the new playthrough and get the 2 jelly at the lecture hall again, or fight abhorrent beast two times as a boss between layers in lower loran. Since i did both, i can say if all honesty that doing new game plus is way more fun, since the bosses are harder and also because you get more and more materials and double weapons as you go to amygdala

Well I killed Abhorrent Beast, got and made my lower Loran, killed an easy wolf boss, got 1 red jelly, went to the 2nd boss and boom...Abhorrent Beast again...seriously?   I think they're (From) trolling us now lol   It's fair to say my enjoyment with this game is circling the drain.   Good times?   They were...once!!   :D

Cheers for all the advice anyway, appreciate it, I'll get this Plat but I'm not sure what state my sanity will be in afterwards!   :)

Edited by RedMustang72
  • Like 1

Well I killed Abhorrent Beast, got and made my lower Loran, killed an easy wolf boss, got 1 red jelly, went to the 2nd boss and boom...Abhorrent Beast again...seriously?   I think they're (From) trolling us now lol   It's fair to say my enjoyment with this game is circling the drain.   Good times?   They were...once!!   :D

Cheers for all the advice anyway, appreciate it, I'll get this Plat but I'm not sure what state my sanity will be in afterwards!   :)

Hahhaha, xD way to go my friend, let me know if you need any further help, I'll gladly help. Wish I had the time to do a guide, if all the videos I recorded, it may could be a good guide, like the one I did if dragon for Inquisition. Sadly I don't have enough time today to write a good guide.

• Like 1

Hahhaha, xD way to go my friend, let me know if you need any further help, I'll gladly help. Wish I had the time to do a guide, if all the videos I recorded, it may could be a good guide, like the one I did if dragon for Inquisition. Sadly I don't have enough time today to write a good guide.

Destroyed Abhorrent Beast again...with some style this time lol  Got my jelly, Great Pthumeru created, 3 bosses to go...

Yeah a guide would be good, some of these chalice bosses are a nightmare, well, solo anyway.   :)

*Got my Plat  :)   Apologies to anyone that had to read my various diatribes...don't think I've ever raged so much at a game, well, ever!   Cheers for the help.  :D*

Edited by RedMustang72

For anybody that will try out the "defiled chalice" the key to each boss in it is patience and play it safe.

It's better to take 20/30 minutes or more to beat the bosses than to try to take him in 10 minutes being aggressive and try retry for 100 times. Believe me, I've tried for 3 hours to beat that fire mage when I've realized that I've should all along be playing safe like I've did in Dark Souls all along. (While a lot of bosses I've played with aggressiveness in bloodborne, because the game asks you to be aggressive and straight forward).

Tips for each boss in Defiled Chalice:

Fire Mage -

Without Visceral Attacks, your best bet is to wait the double long fire moves, you have time to land two fast one handed attacks or one Heavy one handed attack (Ludwig sword).

You can try to make him go on a loop on the Visceral attack (using the gun), but don't corner him in a wall or your visceral attack may fail.

With Visceral attacks you should watch for two movements that has some time breach and are easily doable, the long lunge forward sword attack, and the double stationary sword attack. The first one can be easily seen because he lifts his right arm in a fashion that takes too long to execute the move, so it's a long time breach to shoot him. 

But the loop happens mostly after the first visceral attack lands, try to stay somewhat close to him after a visceral attack, and most of the time he should do the double stationary sword attack, you need to shoot him after the first attack, but before the second attack, and then you're open to another visceral attack and then loop. Remember to not corner him into a wall or your visceral may fail.

If he tries to put flame in his sword after he is with 2/3 of health, you should try to shoot him as soon as possible, so you can cancel his magic and make him loop again with the sword attacks. If he succeeds with the flame sword thing, your visceral attacks loops are finished, because is really hard to attack him with the long range flames that comes together with his attacks. So you should then aim for the two long fires attacks. (patience... remember)

Fire WatchDog

This fight his Hard, but you need to play a lot safe and with patience (again).

First you need to have in mind that the attacks that you're looking as a breach will change pattern after some health is taken.

The main idea is to go to his front and he will try to bite the side of his legs, then you back out a little to avoid damage and come closer again and he will trigger the second attack to the other leg, dodge and then land one two handed attack and then back off to the sides, not to your back, because he may trigger the lunge forward that is one shot death and you probably should dodge directly into his attack field (if you dodged backwards).

After a while this attack will change to a 3 attack pattern (learn the time now... it drastically changes), then you should trigger the first attack, back off and go back to the other leg (you can do this without using the dodge button) and he should trigger the second attack (like in the first phase), the do the same as the first attack and back off and go back and since you're up close now he will trigger the third fast attack, dodge this and attack as the first phase time breach. If you don't do this properly, he should trigger from the first attack directly to the third, making it harder to understand its behavior, so remember, after the first attack, go after his unprotected leg so he can trigger the second attack and maintain a normal behavior and make it easier to read his attacks. Remember that always after you hit him, he may trigger the lunge forward. If he doesn't trigger any attack go back and retry.

When he is about to 1/3 of health, his pattern will change again, sometimes he will trigger the second phase 3 attack pattern, sometimes he will directly do a fast attack forward, that make you have a time breach for one attack and then back off him.

repeat this pattern of reading and triggering his attacks and you should be safe.

There are two other attacks that have room for heavy attacks, the "a lot of bite with fire" that you should backwards a little and aim for a heavy attack after he is done, and the vomiting lava, that has time breach to a full loaded heavy attack and sometimes staggering him. But after the stagger, I usually avoid hitting him (max once), because he will do the explosion thing and it can kill you.

It's a long fight and you should play with patience and you need to understand each phase.

Amygdala

This boss is almost as hard as the watchdog, but you don't have much tips besides the third phase tip.

The first two phases you should study his attacks and wait for the ones that leaves his head open for attacks, and sometimes you just need to aim for the arms instead of the head, but sometimes you have a time breach to a full two handed heavy attack on his head, staggering him and opening him for a visceral attack.

The second phase changes a little because the head opening attacks comes with magic hands, so the time to go forward to the head changes and you have less time breach to hit the head, leaving you with normal attacks only. (try to hit the arms more on this phase.)

After he takes out his arms, (third phase) try to go to his back (hit his tail), and he will enter a loop that makes fairly easy to end the fight, he will do the flight attack, but it will go away from you, leaving a time breach to go back to his tail and then attack again. This will hit less than hitting the head, but since you're playing safe, this will make the fight a piece of cake... but the thing is getting to phase 3.

Good luck and have patience, you'll need it.

• 1 year later...

Hated this boss the first time I fought her in NG base game, after hearing I was gonna have to fight her again in Defiled Chalice with -50% HP and her being 2x or 3x as strong? I was dreading it. But.. Turns out its pretty easy as long as you know her moveset.

I was only level 85 with 30 VIT+HP Runes.

For phase 1 and 2 I kept my distance in front of her, baiting her into doing her arm slam attacks then running up and either attacking the arms or head.

For phase 3, stay underneath her attacking in the groin with a 2h weapon. Just watch out for her stomps.