Final Shiv Door and Training Manual Issue

So, I've managed to collect everything in the main game, except for one training manual that is stuck behind the shiv door on lakeside resort. I can't open this door because I don't have a full shiv (one part short) and there is nothing to make a shiv with. I have tried playing it again through chapter select, but I still can't find the parts I need.

Any suggestions of what I can do? All I can think of is going back several chapters (to before Joel has his accident), but really don't want to do that as it would take quite a while to do

the unlimited shiv glitch is your last bet.. simply upgrade any melee weapon, pick up another melee weapon then pick your upgraded melee weapon again, magically you'll have shiv parts, craft shiv, rinse repeat..

• Like 2

Annoyingly, I can't even upgrade the melee weapon as there are no materials for it. Looks like I'll have to go back to the university then.

Thanks for the tip though - will remember that for the grounded playthrough 

Would that work, changing the difficulty setting? I'll give it a go to see.

The shiv door is in the second section of Lakeside Resort. When you arrive at the petrol station (as Joel), kill the 4 enemies, then go across the road to the motel. Go through the bedroom and out the bathroom window at the back. The shiv door is on your left.

• Like 1

So, I've managed to collect everything in the main game, except for one training manual that is stuck behind the shiv door on lakeside resort. I can't open this door because I don't have a full shiv (one part short) and there is nothing to make a shiv with. I have tried playing it again through chapter select, but I still can't find the parts I need.

Any suggestions of what I can do? All I can think of is going back several chapters (to before Joel has his accident), but really don't want to do that as it would take quite a while to do

Would it not be best to load up the chapter from where Joel wakes up and goes on his search for ellie? i'm sure as you make your way through this part there are items scattered throughout gardens near logs and bins which you can collect before and after the enemies show up, obviously get them before the cutscene starts

hope this helps, good luck

Play it through Chapter Select, on an easier game mode but make sure you don't overwrite the existing save file, just make a new save file. Since your game progress is saved on ND servers, you should be good doing it this way

The shiv door is in the second section of Lakeside Resort. When you arrive at the petrol station (as Joel), kill the 4 enemies, then go across the road to the motel. Go through the bedroom and out the bathroom window at the back. The shiv door is on your left.

Thank you so much, it was difficult to find in that harsh weather . :)