i need help getting back into this game

i bought this game at release and i loved it, but i soon got bored of it and eventually gave up, but i've ordered the game again to give it another go, i felt it wasn't as fun because i never really had anyone to play with, but i dunno, what could i do to encourage myself to play it more? considering i have to pay a subscription fee i want to get my full moneys worth out of this game, any help will be appreciated 

Edited by savourymeats

I personally don't play MMOs, but I do play a lot of grindy games, including other Final Fantasies. Be it level grinding, item grinding, or multiple play throughs, I play grindy games fairly often on all sorts of systems. So here's my advice. If you're not having fun, stop. That's rule number 1. For example, Star Ocean 3 on PS2. I LOVED that game, and still technically do. But I did everything, and I mean everything in that game, and by the time I was done, I despised the game. Don't play so much that it taints your memories of the game. I get that you'll be paying a sub fee, but everybody has repetition limits. Secondly, split up goals you wish to achieve! Don't do it all in one go. For example, I spread out my shadow of the colossus platinum run by days. One 2 hour play through a day to max out stamina (etc.) A game plan changes everything with games with grind, I'm assuming it applies to MMOs all the same. That's all from me. Just remember to HAVE FUN PLAYING IT. If you aren't, just cancel your subscription and move on to your next game! Happy Gaming!

I know how you feel. I played the game since the beta and a few months after release I got bored and left. With the subscription fee, I too want to get my money's worth and so once I'm paying I feel like I have to spend all my time in the game. Which I don't mind, but once I feel like I'm getting burnt out I stop the sub and play out the remaining days and then leave it for a few months or wait til a new patch comes out and return to it.

Like the guy above said. The game is a long game with loads of things to do. The main thing that I do is set goals and achieve them. It's also a mmo which is a social game, so if you aren't playing with friends then join a free company or linkshell and make some friends. Doing things with them like raiding or just doing some dungeons makes the experience a whole lot better.

I've got quite a few alts on different servers some of them I've soloed content and in my main I'm with some fc-mates and doing them with the fc is just a whole lot more enjoyable than on my own, especially with voip.

Wow! I've got too many titles I *want* to play before I go back to titles I need to go back and *force* myself to play.

Repetition builds habit. Schedule yourself the same time frame every day and sit there and play. After three weeks, you'll have built the habit and will keep going without forcing yourself. This works for just about anything, not just video games.

Do the coils if you are at that point, they're hard fights but they do get really fun after a while :) Join a FC or LS that does the coils, you never know, you might be able to become part of a static, I joined a FC and got asked to be in one of their statics within the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Play more casually. It sounds like you got burnt out. Do what you feel is acceptable to your own goals instead of what everyone says you should be doing. Stay social no matter how discouraging some groups can be in both world stuff and instanced stuff. Most of the draw of an MMO is supposed to be the community. I would look around for a Free Company that caters to your playstyle and schedule so you have people to look forward to chatting with when you log in. Don't feel like you have to play the game just because you're subscribed. It's like TV or Netflix, just play when you feel like you want to, not because you feel like you have to. Getting your money's worth would be maximizing your fun, and that doesn't necessarily mean playing as much as you can.