Should they allow checkpoint on POE?

BMJ2K7

So me and 2 others were on the round 5 checkpoint for the 34 POE strike. We had been failing to kill the final boss to get the chest for well over two hours. Then the server messes up and we all go back to orbit wondering what happened. So we lost over 4 hours of work bc Bungie doesn't think they need checkpoints. But how many time during the VOG or Crota raids have you seen people back out to orbit to see if the server gets better, or get a new server all together? For me, we do it a whole lot, like all the time bc the server's haven't ever been stable. So why knowing the amount of people going on your server's is going to sky rocket, so why not add in protection against it? And the feature they patched in to keep this from happening doesn't seem to be working. Not a surprise considering the reason the patch came out so late, was bc they were having major issues with it making it stick, which is why we only got about half the patch we thought we were getting.

So has this happened to you yet, do you guys think we should get checkpoint system for POE? (prison of elders)

That's a touchy topic, because on one hand it can be useful for people like you who have whole fireteams kicked out to orbit, but then someone can just hop in, get the checkpoint, and dart to his own teammates which isn't fair.

That's a touchy topic, because on one hand it can be useful for people like you who have whole fireteams kicked out to orbit, but then someone can just hop in, get the checkpoint, and dart to his own teammates which isn't fair.

I don't see where that's any different than passing the Crota, Templar or Atheon cp around. It gets done all the time now. I thought everyone passed the Gorgon cp around for a chance at an easy exotic.

I think they would be useful for that exact reason but it can be "abused" I guess.  Although considering Bungie did classify it as endgame content on par with raids I don't see any reason it shouldn't be treated the same in that aspect also.

I agree and could've used a cp two nights ago. There was no way we were giving up on Urrox after spending two hours trying to get past round 4.

I'm all for cp's in PoE. It'll never happen though. Even if it did, there's still that gimmicky ass boss fight to deal with.