LAPTOP HELP NEEDED!

cmgravekeeper

My HP Pavillion laptop....which I hate with a passion....has been acting up on me again....and now every time I turn it on it shuts off after 3 seconds....like the lights turn on and the fan turns on but then it just shuts off....with a battery and without....even without it should work with AC power automatically as its plugged in but it doesn't....do you guys have any idea what's wrong with it?....any advice helps.....thanks! :)

Try cleaning the laptop itself first. Buy some compressed air, carefully open up the back and clean out the components. I know my laptop hates it when I dont clean the fans/heatsink of dust every month and it will refuse to start up. If that doesnt work, then it sounds like your laptop is on the verge of dieing.

When you you can, but case for the HDD. They are fairly cheap and then take it out (or have someone with more computer knowledge do it) so you can back up your stuff to another drive. From there, have someone with actual computer expertise look at it, especially since it sounds line your power isnt connecting properly.

• Like 1

After 24 hours this laptop is working again....wth....:shakefist:....most annoying laptop ever....thanks for the responses everyone.... :)

What OS are you using and how long have you been using it?

Windows Vista and it's been 4 years.... :)

Try cleaning the laptop itself first. Buy some compressed air, carefully open up the back and clean out the components. I know my laptop hates it when I dont clean the fans/heatsink of dust every month and it will refuse to start up. If that doesnt work, then it sounds like your laptop is on the verge of dieing.

When you you can, but case for the HDD. They are fairly cheap and then take it out (or have someone with more computer knowledge do it) so you can back up your stuff to another drive. From there, have someone with actual computer expertise look at it, especially since it sounds line your power isnt connecting properly.

I have compressed air and I used it but it didn't work though....it worked once before when it was overheating but not this time around....and yeah if it happens again I'll probably wait it out again to see if it works or send it in....thanks! :)

Does it make ANY beeping noise or any sound at all before it dies?

Whatever it is, sounds major. The bios is trying to activate something like the GPU and it is failing.

Nope just turns off as if the battery died....no warning or anything....but yeah it might be overheating now and again....thanks! :)

How old is the laptop? My mother has a Toshiba something or other and it lasted about a year before it started acting up, doing things very similar to what you describe in the OP. Some days it would work perfect and other it wouldn't work at all. I can't help you with fixing it though, because I kinda destroyed hers...

I did learn, however, laptops don't work at all after they've been submerged in gasoline. :rolleyes:

Parker

• Like 1

Glad its working fine again. you better send it to a HP service center to have a look at it. Sounds like a hardware issue.

I will eventually....I'm hoping it stays fine for now.... :P

How old is the laptop? My mother has a Toshiba something or other and it lasted about a year before it started acting up, doing things very similar to what you describe in the OP. Some days it would work perfect and other it wouldn't work at all. I can't help you with fixing it though, because I kinda destroyed hers...

I did learn, however, laptops don't work at all after they've been submerged in gasoline. :rolleyes:

Parker

Almost 4 years now....it's probably aging now....and LOLOL....that sounds hilarious... xD