Catcher Chocobo Trophy

I've after maxing out Yuna's Sphere grid and got that trophy and just beat Nemesis using Yojimbo and by the look of things I'll end up beating Penance and maxing out all my characters before I complete the 2 chocobo races, I suck at them so much. I managed to do the lightning dodges no problem whatsoever (I am good with things like that) but when it comes down to the catcher chocobo I can't, YouTube guides and walkthroughs make it sound easy but its the final stretch when you turn left that I cannot help but get hit about 2-3 times, I've mastered the route as far as there but the invisible walls and terrible controls keep messing me up... What to do? 

Really wanted this to be my 25th platinum.

Use the D-Pad and touch it gently, never hold it. Also it's far better to avoid birds and baloons than trying to go for a baloon.

The first one is never yours so forget it. Then it comes down to luck, you should take advantage when there are 4-5 baloons in the first part, keep at it and good luck!

Use the D-Pad and touch it gently, never hold it. Also it's far better to avoid birds and baloons than trying to go for a baloon.

The first one is never yours so forget it. Then it comes down to luck, you should take advantage when there are 4-5 baloons in the first part, keep at it and good luck!

Yea I've gotten the hang of the first strip, focusing on getting 3+ balloons on the right hand side and making a sharp turn is of second nature to me at this point. I am also able to avoid the birds along the 2nd part of the track 90% of the time. What seems to get me is when you take your final left turn along the area shadowed by the mountain, I CANNOT ever avoid the birds there, if I do avoid the first one the 2nd has already changed its direction to where I went and crashes right into me,  I was so close, got 13 balloons and 1 bird hit me leaving me at 0.0.6 seconds as my finishing time, haven't got anywhere close to that recently.

From what I've heard the 2nd chocobo race is far worse and knowing that makes my stomach turn, Not to mention it sucks how I can't get the trophy for all the celestial weapons thanks to that stupid chocobo one, its the 2nd last celestial weapon I need before that silver  :(

Yea I've gotten the hang of the first strip, focusing on getting 3+ balloons on the right hand side and making a sharp turn is of second nature to me at this point. I am also able to avoid the birds along the 2nd part of the track 90% of the time. What seems to get me is when you take your final left turn along the area shadowed by the mountain, I CANNOT ever avoid the birds there, if I do avoid the first one the 2nd has already changed its direction to where I went and crashes right into me,  I was so close, got 13 balloons and 1 bird hit me leaving me at 0.0.6 seconds as my finishing time, haven't got anywhere close to that recently.

From what I've heard the 2nd chocobo race is far worse and knowing that makes my stomach turn, Not to mention it sucks how I can't get the trophy for all the celestial weapons thanks to that stupid chocobo one, its the 2nd last celestial weapon I need before that silver  :(

If you got it down to 0:0:6, you should keep pushing. Maybe change your route by the final turn, maybe go a bit right, try to fool the game and only turn left at the last minute. Seriously, keep at it and you'll nail it down sooner than you expected, I did it on my second run after 30 mins (1st run was 2 hours), maybe you should rest and do it while relaxed, don't get too stressed out ;)

Also, the Chocobo Master trophy I got it easier than this one, it's impossible in 2/3 of the time because the other chocobo can do unbeatable times, but 1/3 of the time he takes his while and that's your chance to do it! :)

Congrats on achieving 0:0:0 :) How did you do it in the end?

Congrats on achieving 0:0:0 :) How did you do it in the end?

Cheers man! I actually discovered a good way of doing the final stretch which wasn't in any guide I could find! Pretty much when I turned the final corner I focused entirely on the centre, as the birds approach and rapidly pressed the left directional button on the d-pad without holding it down and it avoided the birds 80% of the time and went straight back into the middle as soon as they passed me again. Funnily enough using that last trick I was able to do it on my 3rd try and also managed to get 15 balloons and no hits xD 

• 9 months later...

I like to set the chocolate on a very slight left or right trajectory. Running at an angle really throws the birds off and then it's  just a matter of getting lucky with the balloons. 

Edited by Hemiak