PlayStation at E3 2015: Predictions and Discussion

Saltyie

Well since they locked my thread, why not post it here, as a 'prediction' even though it isn't a prediction lol. 

Hello there, and welcome to my thread.

The meaning of this thread is for me to give everyone the info on why you should be excited for E3. In this thread, we're going to talk about Sony, Playstation, and what they're up too.
This isn't a prediction thread (There will be a few), but I will give you info on what everyone of the studios is doing for Sony, and what will most likely be shown. I will mostly talk about Exclusives. 
I will also talk about third party stuff a little bit.

Also, this isn't like the E3 predictions thread, and those kind of threads. This is more of a info / hype for E3 thread. So I wouldn't say that this thread already exist. 

If you want me too, I will write one for the other companies. I have info on every single one of them. So I can write an 'Why you should look forward to E3' of the others.   :)

So this is the reasons you should look forward to Playstation's E3 this year. 

The fact that in the start of 2016, Street Fighter V, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted 4 all releases should already get you excited for PS4.

Well, first of all, in terms of hardware. 

The Playstation Vita should get a huge Price Cut, to boost the hardware sales one last time before its 'dead'.
The Playstation 4 has a rumoured new model, with a 1 Terrabyte memory.  Its most likely this will get announced. I would bet that PS4 will get a price cut, even if its a very low one. The 500 GB will get a price cut and the 1 TB one will be at regular price.

Insomniac Games is already announced to be at E3 this year. They will show gameplay of Ratchet & Clank for PS4, with another look at the movie too. The game already has a trailer and you should prepare yourself for an amazing show with pretty Pixar Graphics. 
Insomniac also has a rumoured Resistance game in the making, but nothing is confirmed, and Ratchet & Clank is probably the only game that will be shown from this studio. Also, the release date for R&C will get announced.

Naughty Dog is also announced to be at E3 this year, they already have Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection announced. You will probably see some compared visuals from the Collection on PS3 and PS4, and you will be shown a full blown Demo on Uncharted 4. This is the last E3 before U4 is released, so prepare to see an extensive look on the game. Also expect to see a release date for Uncharted 4, early 2016.

Santa Monica has two confirmed projects. God of War 4 and God of War 3 Remaster. God of War 4 was confirmed by Cory Barlog at PSX last year. Its in very early stages so it won't probably be shown. (They were ready to show the new IP at PSX, but it got cancelled) 
But again, Santa Monica is full of surprises and Cory is a tricky guy, so you could very well get a small teaser.
Also, you should see a new trailer for God of War 3 Remaster, with some new announcments on it, with a God of War 4 tease at the end.
And what if they've been trolling us, and Gow 1 & 2 is included in the remaster. You should expect more news on GoW4 at PSX (Confirmed by SSM)

Sony Japan Studio has 1 projects in development already, with 3 rumoured new ones. The one already announced is Gravity Rush 2. This is most likely to get talked about sooner or later, so it can very well be shown at E3. I wouldn't expect much talk about Gravity Rush 2 on Vita, instead they will focus the talk on Gravity Rush 2 on PS4. Also, the first rumoured project is Gravity Rush PS4, the first one getting remade and re-released for the PS4. However these two games will maybe appear at TGS instead of E3. 
They also have two other games thats rumoured. Knack 2 has been a game rumoured since the release of the first one, and Mark Cerny has sown a lot of intrest in making one. Since Knack did pretty well, this rumour is very possible indeed. 
Sony Japan also have a rumoured Giant JRPG thats supposed to be a rival to the huge series Final Fantasy made by Square Enix. This new IP should be as big, if not bigger than Final Fantasy XV is. But this is just a rumour, and not much have been said about it, and it won't be shown at this years E3 probably.

Team Ico have one announced project, and its very well known. Its the Last Guardian, every year people are waiting for a trailer on it.
Sony keeps mentioning that this game is real, there are a million rumours. But this year there have been some pretty intresting ones, like Mark Cerny and his team helping Team Ico to finish the game. Some of the new rumours is in fact so intresting this year, that we may actually see Last Guardian at E3. But again, don't have to much expectations on it.
If it gets announced, it will get a 2015 release date (#ColinWasRight)

Media Molecule already have Tearaway Unfolded announced. But as the release date got announced already, and we already know so much about the game, I wouldn't be too sure we're getting a lot of  info on it. But, the team on Media Molecule thats doing Tearaway is very small, and the big team at MM is doing a new IP for the PS4. Its been long in development. 
Its a PS4 game, and its Creativity based. Expect support for Morpheus and Playstation Camera. The reason this game is so late to the party, could be that all the new tech with Morpheus is coming. MM is the studio that will do something for Morpheus and you know it.
This game will probably get announced with a release date, or atleast '2016' or something.

Project Morpheus is already announced to be at the conference. And honestly, it could take up a chunk of Playstation's Conference like it or not.
You should expect to get a release date and price on the hardware.

Sony London Studio should show some new Project Morpheus game, maybe a new Playroom DLC but most likely a new Morpheus game.

North West Studio maybe shows their first project, but I seriously doubt it as they got created just a few months back.

Polyphony Digital should be ready to show Gran Turismo 7. The Director of the game mentioned that we won't have to wait until atleast 2017 before hearing anything. And since Polyphony likes to release 2 Gran Turismo for each generation, its time to announce Gran Turismo pretty soon for the PS4. Don't expect a release date or even gameplay, we'll probably get a teaser though.

Guerilla Games already has a leaked / confirmed project, Horizon. They have been very quiet about the project, but they recently opened a new twitter account showing that they want something said. You should expect a full reveal (ITS TIME) with the real name on the game.

Guerilla Cambridge has been at work with a multi million selling franchise on the PS4. Its probably a new Killzone game. But as Guerilla Games will show Horizon most likely, and the latest installment of Killzone on the PS4 is so recent, the reveal will probably come at the next E3.

Driveclub will probably get the Ps Plus treatment it needs. Sony will probably give the full game instead of the Plus version, as an apology. 
We should also get some news on more DLC for the game.

PS Plus is closing in on its fifth anniversary, so we should get some major announcments. Maybe some server updates, some new perks and reasons to have PS Plus. And we should get some pretty awesome Plus games, like Knack or Killzone Shadow Fall wich have been rumoured forever to appear at Ps Plus.

Sony San Diego already has three new projects announced. All of wich is free to play. I don't think much will be shown from these, but a little bit atleast. The games are Drawn to DeathKill Strain, and Guns Up! Drawn to Death is an collaboration with David Jaffe's team.
We will most likely see release dates.

Sucker Punch has a rumoured Open World project. This could very well be a new InFamous project, or a new Sly game. There aren't many rumours on what game, but we know that its an open world game with lots of stuff to do with amazing graphics. Also remember that a Sly movie is coming in 2016, so it may very well be a new game, like the Ratchet & Clank one.
We also know that Sucker Pucnh doesn't make two games at the same time, so their new project is in very early stages since Second Son released in March 2014 and so its safe to say that the new project won't be shown yet.

Sony Bend has been making something for quite the time now. We already know its not a new Syphoon Filter, and that it isn't a new Vita game.
But its been rumoured that they're making an Last of Us type survival story game for the Playstation 4. This isn't confirmed, but its very exciting indeed. You might very well see this game at Monday, because Bend has been doing something for quite the time by now.

Quantic Dream also has been up to something for the PS4. Its time for it to get announced soon. We'll most likely get a teaser.

Level 5 has already announced to show their new PS4 game. Its an JRPG, but it won't be Ni No Kuni probably. Its however rumoured that its a new Dark Cloud.

Atlus already has Persona 5 announced for the Playstation 3 and 4. We will probably see a trailer with a release date for the game, atleast an NA / JP release date.

Hello Games already announced that No Mans Sky won't be present at Playstation's conference, but they haven't said if they will be present at E3 or not. Maybe a new trailer will be shown, but as of now, don't expect anything to big.

From Software already announced they won't show anything of the Bloodborne DLC until after E3. But still, a Bloodborne DLC is coming!

Housemarque has one project announced, and that project is Alien Nation, expect to see more of that with an release date tied to it.
Also, some news on the Resogun DLCs maybe. 

Capcom has Street Fighter V. We will probably get an announcment of a Beta, a few characters and an extensive look on the game. Expect SFV to take a lot of time from the conference.

Square Enix will probably announce a Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance at E3 for PS3 or PS4. Maybe not at Playstations conference, but at this E3 atleast. It will most probably be released this year. Kingdom Hearts X / Chi may be announced for Playstation too, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 
Recently Square put out a survey, wich was about Kingdom Hearts on the Vita. Would we like to see KH on the Vita. Its intresting.
But I wouldn't hold my breath for anything KH related on the Vita however, as every Vita game needs to have a Digital version wich they can't do with KH unless they make a new contract with Hikaru Utada I belive. And Nomura doesn't like developing for the Vita either, so I wouldn't hold my breath for that. However if KH X / Chi is announced that its coming to Playstation, It would most likely be for the Vita as its a Phone / Web game.

We also have Rime that is a PS4 exclusive game, expect a release date / window on that game. We also have Until Dawn thats very close to release. We won't hear too much about it probably, as we already know the main stuff. Also, we'll probably get a release date on Journey PS4.
We also know that companies like Bandai Namco, and XSEED Games have been localizing their games, mainly Playstation games. So maybe you will hear something from those. I know there are quite a few Tales Of fans at PSNP, so hopefully we will get more info on that series!

Playstations line up of exclusives is looking to be amazing. We still have Crash Bandicoot being rumoured forever. And a new Playstation All Stars Battle Royalehas been rumoured a while too. We even had a new Twisted Metal trademark a while back.

We will proabably get a few Indies thrown in too, a few will be exclusive and a few won't.

Over to third party games, that won't be exclusive.

EA will show Star Wars BattleFront 3 on the PS4, with exclusive content. We'll most likely see some gameplay too.
Activision will give info on the new Destiny DLC and some exclusive content for the PS4. We may or may not see some info on Call of Duty Black Ops 3 at the Playstation conference. CoD has always been on Microsoft's side, but it seemed like they were at Playstation's side in the reveal of Black Ops 3. We will also see Assassin's Creed Syndicate from Ubisoft at Playstations conference this year.
Metal Gear Solid V will get a new trailer, the same goes for Batman Arkham Knight.

There are tons of games coming to the PS4, and Im sure I've even missed a few. 
There are one million reasons to be excited for the PS4 conference, they have a ton of exclusives coming, and unlike Microsoft, we don't know much about what Sony is doing. Its indeed very exciting, and you should seriously consider buying a PS4 soon.

And maybe you don't like that Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed will be present at Playstations conference. And neither do I as I want to see so many exclusives as I can. But at the same time, Playstation has sold 22 Million units already, and this year they have Assassin's Creed by their side and even Call of Duty wich always have been a Microsoft thing. That means the sales of PS4 will go through the roof. And that is pretty darn sweet.

Well thanks for reading, and hopefully you know what Playstation is up too. If I missed something, wich I more than likely did, tell me in the comments. 
And also, happy E3, for me its christmas, I've been looking forward to this so long, already looking forward to Bethesda tonight, going to be awesome!   :D

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

Sony, just give us a free year of PsPlus with some nice games, The Last Guardian rumor confirmed along with a possible release time, and you're set.

To tell you the truth, I would also like to see a new nice-looking IP that hasn't had any kind of leaks, rumors, and/or announcement. It would make the conference go from great to almost mind-blowing.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Dishonored 2 will be great. Looking forward to getting the definitive edition of the first one when it releases later this year too.

Posting this here since the reaction topic will likely just get locked like they usually do.

Fallout 4 looks great. I love all the improvements and extras they've added into this one.

Edited by ScutumMagister

• 5 months later...

EDIT: LOL I thought this was the PSX thread xD

There is going around a stroooooong rumour that there will be a Third Party Playstation exclusive. Now I don't really care about rumours a whole lot and take it with a grain of salt. This one I don't really belive either, BUT.

An Onimusha trademark happened a couple of days ago. Crash Bandicoot has his 20th anniversary next year. Resident Evil 6 has a remaster trademark. Rockstar still has AGENT.
So fucking exciting it could literally be anything if its true, but again. Take it with a shit ton of salt.

Also, predictions (I know I commented earlier lol)

God of War IV from Santa Monica. Maybe a new IP from their second team but I doubt it, we get a teaser, not much more then that. The Release Date gets announced next years E3 and it will be March 2017.

Sony Bend announces their new game. They haven't released a game since 2011, so you imagine they should be ready to release it by next year.

Last Guardian gets shown, maybe a short trailer with the release date, or another gameplay reel with amazing music and chills everywhere.

Gravity Rush 2 gets shown again OR Sony Japans new game that they've been working on. (Please not Knack 2 lol)

Kingdom Hearts 3 gets a trailer since we're still waiting and the 2.8 one will be shown at Jump Festa this month. I hope so, do it Square.

Crash Bandicoot gets a new PS4 exclusive game, for his 20th anniversary (This is my bold prediction)

Far Cry Primal gets shown a little more, another sneak peak after the Game Awards.

I have a lot more, but Im going to say:
Sly 5 or Sly Rebooted. Since the movie is coming next year I feel like Sly has to get a video game just like Ratchet & Clank did. We all want it, you know we do.

... Just announce God of War IV, I beg you <3

Edited by MarsipanRumpan