PlayStation at E3 2015: Predictions and Discussion

Saltyie

Playstation/Sony will be holding their E3 conferences in a few weeks, which gives us time to discuss and predict what they'll show.

As most of you know, E3 is about surprises. Arguably the biggest surprise will win E3 and Sony have been holding their cards extremely close of late. So what exactly are their studios up to? Will they even be at E3? Discuss!

Uncharted 4!

What we know - Probably Sony's most famous studio, ND is definitely heading to E3 to showcase Uncharted 4: A Thieve's End. Releasing early 2016, there's no way they won't be at E3 to demonstrate more gameplay in some form, be it multiplayer or singleplayer footage. 

Speculation - A remastered trilogy containing an Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta code would be a safe bet, maybe handed off to another studio to develop. 

Singularity - 

Speculation - back in January 2013, Quantic Dream (of Heavy Rain fame) filed a domain name. While it doesn't tell us much, Singularity could potentially be the name of their new game, could it be announced at E3 2015?

"Quantic Dream filed a domain registration back in the fall for something called singularityps4.com, which possibly points at one of the two games it is working on for Sony.[...] The domain singularityps4.com follows a pattern set by Quantic Dream, as previous domains set by the firm include: heavyrainps3.com and beyondps3.com."

Horizon

60ade0f3jw1eke6j0zwa5j21kw149h8v.jpg

What we know - In 2014, concept art for Guerilla Game's new IP, titled 'Horizon' was leaked. While Horizon may be a codename, it is undoubtedly a real thing, blending pre-historic dinosaurs with sci-fi robotics. Not much is known about it, except, according to leaks on Neogaf:

"Sounds unique, has some lush environments, robot dinos, other weird exotic creatures. Red headed female protagonist."

"It's (..) an RPG"

"It's *planned* as something's ready, but things change last minute. Should expect a full reveal E3 2015 with a Fall 'target' release"

Speculation - Apparently it was geared for a 2014 E3 reveal, but ultimately never cropped up. Maybe it made a strategic retreat to bolster E3 2015s lineup? A Holiday AAA Exclusive is needed, as it is the only department Sony is lacking right now. Well, that and stability updates.

Other games

Beyond: Two Soul's Directors Cut
Gran Turismo 7
The Last Guardian (believe)
Media Molecule New IP
God of War 4 (Cory Barlog's game)
Sony Bend New IP

Persona 5 (Unlikely to show at E3 though)

Until Dawn

Tearaway Unfolded

WiLD

H1Z1

Planetside 2

Deep Down

Let It Die

Everquest Next

Everyone's gone to rapture

RIME

No Man's Sky

Journey

Microsoft have announced a ton of things recently, from the Tomb Raider trailer, to Black Tusk only developing Gears games. Nintendo have a strong lineup too. But where's Sony?

• Like 1

Kinda hoping to see more about Kingdom Hearts III.

Or at least hear about it afterwards.

An Uncharted Remaster series wouldn't be too bad I think. It will be years and years before I play them, but it would still be nice lol.

Also, does anyone think more on the new Star Ocean will be revealed? I know it's kinda early but from what I saw it's really anticipated.

• Like 1

Well, this is what I thing may fit into this year's event:

.Ubisoft's presser will have the same host it had last year, they teased big announcements to happen. We know AC Syndicate will be there, but we may be learning about Watch Dogs 2, Mass Effect 4 or their unnanounced project nicknamed as 'Hero'. I'd personally love a new Rayman game :D

.EA is going all out with Star Wars: Battlefront, which WILL be there (teased on Twitter this afternoon), we can expect sports (duh) and hopefully news on Mirror's Edge 2. A PS4 port for the first ME wouldn't be a crazy thought.

.MS will milk their 'Uncharted' till the end of time, so expect a full gameplay reveal of Rise of the Tomb Raider ON STAGE. We'll see Forza 6, Halo 5 and maybe a new Gears of War (the studio making it just got renamed as "The Coalition", curious timing to announce that, don't you think?), hopefully Quantum Break (despite the departure of the head of the studio developing it, MS has said the game's development goes on smoothly) and a presentation of their new controller, with a headset port (this was leaked)

.Nintendo is the hardest to predict, their ninjas keep information sealed in vault, no way to find out what will happen beforehand, but we can expect info on the upcoming Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, Pokemon Z (?) and SSB DLC. Amiibo stuff but I'd say no Zelda (they said it won't be there but people still hold out hope, I don't) 

.Square-Enix is the dark horse this year. If they alligned the potential material to show, they could make a huge impression. But for now I can only say that their presser will be Eidos-heavy, but we'll also get Japanese presence (here's hoping for FFXII HD to finally get announced). If FFXV doesn't get a trailer on tomorrow's ATR streaming event, it'll be at E3. I don't want to go yay or nay on KH3, too personally attatched xD I will also say that something smells like they will show a new IP, maybe related to their Agni's Philosophy (now The Witch Chapters) tech demo. IGN NA is teaming up with SE to present an unannounced title (possibly Hitman), and we'll see Deus Ex, Dragon Quest Heroes (which just got EU and NA release dates) and they focused on the importance of bringing Star Ocean 5 to the West, so MAYBE we'll get info on that too. Bravely Second will slip into 2016 in NA/EU so it should be at E3 but it isn't pivotal. Of course, it's impossible that all of this happens, only some of it will, I'm simply taking broad guesses.

.Bethesda will have a good first conference ever. Fallout 4 is hype-inducing enough, but the fact that they were bold to announce it early means they have more in store. Hopefully Elder Scrolls stuff. Don't have much info on this one....

.And Sony has been shut tight, but we should get updates on a good part of the games we know: Rime, WiLD, Everyone's gone to the rapture, The tomorrow children, No Man's Sky, Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 (possible Uncharted Trilogy for PS4 to make up for U4's delay), Until Dawn, and we should get news from studios which we know are working on PS4 games (Bend, Guerrilla, Level 5, no Sony Santa Monica (God of War) because they basically said to everyone "we'll be at PSX in December!!")

Add to all this some "we love indies" and "VR stuff" spread out through all events and you've got yourself an E3! Note that some of this stuff may still happen but at a later event (Gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, Paris Games Week, The Game Awards, PlayStation Experience, Jump Festa)

As you may have already told, I love gaming announcements season (from a journalistic point of view and also as an excited gamer) xD

Edited by Omar

We'll definitely see Guerilla Games' new Ip. Quantic Dreams may show something off, probably not a gp or trailer, just a teaser. Media Molecule will show their new games off and maybe dlc for LBP or something. Santa Monica will do something with Gow, probably a re-master and 4. More gp footage of No Man's Sky. Devolver studios will probably be flexing their new indie titles possibly coupled along with many other indie titles, possibly perception (even though it's just a kickstarter), that game's garnering a lot of attention and a ton of prominent figures in the industry are backing it  like Ken Levine..etc..Until Dawn will make an appearance, Sucker Punch may also make a surprise announcement,

I think Sony's planning on a big E3

Sony is probably going to show the God of War 3 remaster and come up with almost no exclusives except Uncharted 4, and Until Dawn. But Sony will probably announce the 1TB Ps4, and announce a price drop for the 500gb Ps4. 

Here's a link to the 1 TB Ps4 http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/207198-sony-plans-1tb-ps4-launch-will-the-company-drop-the-price-this-year

I believe it will start with a big third party title like it did last year since they said they will focus on Third party games more. Uncharted 4 will probably be there maybe there will be a playable demo in e3. They will probably focus on new hardware like morpheus and as well a new ps4. Hopefully they released more info on new games they are developing. I think a price drop could be announced for vita but not for ps4 since its been selling a lot of units with the price maybe a new bundle.

I think Sony this year will go heavy on third party games. 

• Destiny expansion will at least get a trailer shown (exclusive deals yadda, yadda)
  • Battlefront gameplay (Sony has exclusive marketing)
  • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft alternates between MS and Sony, and it's Sony's turn for AC again)
  • Batman Arkham Knight will probably get another trailer (Sony *YOU GUESSED IT* exclusive marketing rights)
  • Heavily rumored that Sony has exclusive marketing rights (so tired of saying this) for Black Ops III, so possible showing
  • MGSV will probably be showcased as well

Exclusives

• Sony will probably have a remaster montage (God of War III, Tearaway Unfolded, Uncharted Trilogy, etc)
  • Level 5's new PS4 game
  • Uncharted 4 is guaranteed to have at least another gameplay trailer
  • Media Molecule or Guerilla Games will show their new IPs that they are working on
  • Morpheus showing will probably kill momentum, as Sony likes to stall halfway through their E3 pressers before turning it up again
  • Hopefully they ride the Persona 5 hype
  • Gran Turismo 7 (possible)
  • Indie game circle-jerk
  • Talk about additions to PSN

Sony announces an HD remake of every PS3 game...hints that next E3 they will begin remaking every PS2 game in HD format. Forecasts that by 2022 the PS4 will actually have different games than its predecessors but by then the PS5 will be out and they will get to remaster everything again.

• Like 2

Do I get any bonus points for predicting the Uncharted collection with UC4 beta?? Technically it wasn't announced at E3 but...

The way I see it, unless Sony is confident that 3rd party games will completely dominate holiday 2015, they'll have to have atleast one new AAA exclusive filling in the blank holiday spot. Right now as it stands:

August - Until Dawn

September -

October - Uncharted Collection

November - 

December -

The fact they don't have a game to cover one of gamings busiest months confuses me, whereas Microsoft has Tomb Raider and Halo and Forza and possibly Gears remastered, and Nintendo probably has Starfox. All I'm saying, is that they have to announce atleast one gmae to release this holiday, otherwise I fear that it'll end up like the early PS3 days where they released like 50 AAA exclusives in one month. 

https://games.yahoo.com/news/e3-2015-leaks-started-pouring-hours-first-press-225513332.html

Dishonored II is something I'd be interested in playing. I enjoyed the first one, although 4 straight runs made me not ever want to look at it again, and one day I will probably buy it again and get the DLC's since they were supposed to be very good. 

In reaction to this closed thread.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27993-why-you-should-look-forward-to-e3-sonys-conference/

"The Playstation Vita should get a huge Price Cut, to boost the hardware sales one last time before its 'dead'."

I don't know how many times I've said it, but Sony already stated there will be NO announcement in relation to Vita on E3.

"Driveclub will probably get the Ps Plus treatment it needs. Sony will probably give the full game instead of the Plus version, as an apology. 

We should also get some news on more DLC for the game."

Allow me laugh at this =D There's no way DRIVECLUB PS+ version is coming =D

"Atlus already has Persona 5 announced for the Playstation 3 and 4. We will probably see a trailer with a release date for the game, atleast an NA / JP release date."

Japan - October

NA - December

Well, I'm kinda looking forward to this and kinda not =D I mean... it's at 4AM here... I'm gonna be tired as hell that day xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's gonna be on so early in the morning here in the UK. Gotta stay up for this one though.

I'm hoping for so many things.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for PS (dont care if its PS3 or 4).

Kingdom Hearts 3, more info, new trailer etc.

Telltale to come out with more releases. I want that minecraft story lol.

Tales of Berseria info.

Gonna be an awesome event to see. Just can't wait for 5.30pm tomorrow :D