We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

How about tomorrow afternoon?

Sure, sounds good.

Whats the easiest out of the time trial trophies to pop? I need to do the other ones tonight.

Beat a boss in 30 seconds or Conquor Boss Rush + without a single retry (meaning all party members are dead) are the easiest. Just remember to set the difficulty back to Easy ;).

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Now, I feel that I must report what's going on on my end (if, by any chance, you're wondering where the hell I've dissapeared to).

Yesterday I've finished the Nightmare and the Boss Rush. As of now, I'm three trophies short - Apostle of the Ages, Enchanting Storyteller and (ugh) Treasure Hunter. And while I can theoretically grind out the 5h trophies during weekends (I believe I'm close to getting the Calilica one), scouting that last chest moved into "I'll do it when I'll feel like it" category.

I feel that I've got really burned out by the whole ordeal. Huh. I haven't felt like that for a long time.

As things stand right now, there is no way I'll be able to participate in plat popping. Sorry guys.  

Whats the easiest out of the time trial trophies to pop? I need to do the other ones tonight.

Having nearly completed boss rush, I'm now on the final boss and I've depleted his health so he only has a little bit left. When you're both ready this afternoon, I should be able to get the platinum in a couple of seconds!  :D

Would it be possible to set a time to pop the plats? That way I don't have to check all the time. I'm at GMT+1, so there's only a 1 hour difference between the UK and The Netherlands. 

How does 3PM GMT+0 sound?

Would it be possible to set a time to pop the plats? That way I don't have to check all the time. I'm at GMT+1, so there's only a 1 hour difference between the UK and The Netherlands. 

How does 3PM GMT+0 sound?

That time sounds good to me! If I don't see Superbuu3 confirming that 3 o'clock is okay, I won't pop it just yet

Thus ends the We Play Ys. It was a fun experience. Looking forward to the We Play Tales of Hearts. I've started working on a guide with TheFinalEmblem for that game.

Here are my images, I thought it would be great to have the second image for the OP.

And here's the post in the Most Recent Platinum thread.

i56tTHo.jpg

DT7RNfD.jpg

I just earned the platinum! Thank you so much for hosting this Superbuu3 - I really enjoyed it!

Thank you also to Dragon, you've been a massive help throughout the We Play. Thanks a lot man!

(Here's a link to a couple of the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/4GjUW )

You're welcome, glad to know my ramblings were of some use :lol:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Firstly another thanks to Dragon-Archon this We Play would have been considerably harder to run without his input.

Final Discussion:

1. How did you find the final dungeon with the three trials and multiple boss fights?

2. How did you find the final boss fights with the black winged one and Gruda, do you think they were worthy boss fights?

3. Who was your favourite character? Why?

4. Who was your favourite villain? Why?

5. What did you think of the story overall?

6. Which boss did you find was the toughest?

7. How did you find the Nightmare run and boss rush modes?

8. How would you rate this game compared to the other Vita RPGs and would you recomend it?

9. What did you think of the We play group and did it help you to achieve the platinum?

10. Is there anything you would like to change about how the group operates? Also any ideas you'd like to do next?

In the end 8 out of 10 of us managed to beat the game, with 6 people with the platinum. I removed people who dropped out early.

1. Superbuu3 (Platinum)
  2. aerosol_grey (Platinum)
  3. cjshaitan (Beat the Game)
  4. Dragon-Archon (Platinum)
  5. j-a-y-888 (Platinum)
  6. JeieeM (Platinum)
  7. Jeandeve (Checkpoint 7)
  8. NetEntity (Beat Nightmare)
  9. NullRay85 (Checkpoint 8)
  10. Yadille (Platinum)

Total points trophy points for this game: 1,230

Number of We Play points for Plat: 3 (1 beating game, 1 beating nightmare, 1 obtaining platinum)

Well, it was an interesting experience. To think that I was going for the plat from the start, only to get stopped dead in my tracks by...a chest.  Maybe I'll sort things out by the January though, it never hurts to have the extra platinum ready for the Rain. Thanks to everyone who had helped me along the way.

Now, for the Final Discussion:

1. How did you find the final dungeon with the three trials and multiple boss fights?

It was... okay, I guess. While I didn't like that the final dungeon wasn't an one whole location but four little ones, the gimmicks of each part of Iris were pretty interesting, and the small size of each Trial made it easy to navigate. 

2. How did you find the final boss fights with the black winged one and Gruda, do you think they were worthy boss fights?

Actually... no. I didn't have any troubles while fighting them be it Normal or Nightmare (Central Iris fight merely graduated from dissapointing to annoying on Nightmare). Everyone had very obvious tells and easy to avoid attacks. Previous Ys games had pretty challenging final bosses. I was craving something equal in epicness to the Origins true final boss fight, fight that made me scream and my hands tremble five years ago. Needless to say, I didn't get it here.

3. Who was your favourite character? Why?

Duren. You can read my previous discussions if you want to know the details. For me, among the main cast he was the most relatable one. And he hates staircases and naive meddlesome little do-gooders too!

4. Who was your favourite villain? Why?

I pick Gruda for this one. Bami was just full of herself, Gadis is a mountain of muscles without brains (irreversibly nicknamed as the "overgrown Goron" because of his boss fight) and Mr. Black Wings didn't get enough "screen time". Gruda wasn't really that good of a villain, but he has reminded me about one certain family, that was once playing around with the powers of darkness... 

5. What did you think of the story overall?

lt was pretty good, especially by the Ys standards. I was seriously going to treat MoC's plot as the best in the series, until the finale. I've just... was really dissapointed. So the Origins still stays undethroned.

6. Which boss did you find was the toughest?

They all were pushovers, so I'll go with "none".

7. How did you find the Nightmare run and boss rush modes?

I haven't left the "Kill them all" state of mind once during these modes.

8. How would you rate this game compared to the other Vita RPGs and would you recommend it?

I haven't played that many Vita RPGs to truly compare. But it's Ys. I love Ys. Ys is great. Of course I would recommend it. Duh.

9. What did you think of the We play group and did it help you to achieve the platinum?

Dragon and Buu's notes greatly helped with keeping the track of missables, so I'm truly grateful to them for that. As for everything else... I've failed to achieve the platinum in time, and I'll need to journey the last steps to it alone.

10. Is there anything you would like to change about how the group operates? Also any ideas you'd like to do next?

My main gripe with the We Plays is the checkpoint system. But it's not for me to ask for any kind of changes, as it's the one of the main principles of the event itself and I'm going to refrain from taking part in the We Play activity from now on.