Retirement of one of the greatest fighters ever.

le7Samurai

I know is most likely that nobody knows him in here, but I want to share. 

Kickboxing legend Peter Aerts AKA "The Dutch Lumberjack" and "Mr. K1", has officially hung up his gloves. The 44 year old all time great officially announced his retirement.

Andy%20Hug%20Combat%20Peter%20Aerts.JPG

PeterAertsHighkick.jpg

Aerts_Saki_2009_K-1_GP.0.jpg

A pro kickboxer since 1985 Aerts is the absolute definition of a legend.

peter%20aerts%20worldchampion%201991.JPG

He is a 3 time K-1 World Grand Prix champion and retires with an unofficial record of 105-34-2.

peter_aerts_by_davethehedgehog-d3dzsu1.j

In his 30 year career, Aerts fought absolutely everyone the sport had to offer including all time legends like Ernesto Hoost, Andy Hug, Jerome Le Banner, Semmy Schilt, Remy Bonjasky, Mike Bernardo, and on, and on, and on... 

ib1WNBOZKyDEqZ.gif

6f1qhs_jpg.gif

s0uWLOC.gif?1

0iotr92.gif

9.gif

In the world of combat sports, there are very few men with the legacy of Peter Aerts. He is a true legend of the sport in every way, and he will be missed.

One of my favorite fighters ever. aerts_draw.gif

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am a huge huge boxing fan so I can honestly say I never heard the name. Respect goes out to any guy who steps between the ropes though, it takes guts!!

Heavyweight Kickboxing in the glory days of K-1 is the equivalent of 70´s HW in Boxing, you should see some fights, the K1 World Grand Prix champions were crowned once a year by way of a one night tournament from 8 finalist, the champion fought and won 3 times that night.

I know him as well as rest of the greats that you`ve listed above...Good fighter and tough opponent for whoever set foot in that ring with him! Although I must admit  I was most impressed with Remy Bonjasky back in the day...

The "Flying Gentleman"

tumblr_n29ss06rzW1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

• Like 1