GT5 update 2.06 adds photostream, various bug fixes

Mio

]A new update for Gran Turismo 5, version 2.06, has just been launched and is now available for download.

The file weighs in at a hefty 475MB in size (that’s nearly half a gigabyte!), leading many to suspect it may contain a bit more than what’s outlined in the official list of changes. With Twin Ring Motegi having already been confirmed as part of the GT Academy 2012 mini-game, fans have good reason to be optimistic.

New information has also been released regarding the availability of prizes earned in the GT Academy 2012 challenges: they’ll be available on July 4, 2012, and will consist of the cars used in each round along with a special black driving suit, as seen here.

For now, here’s the official list of changes according to Polyphony Digital:

Updates and New Features

It is now possible to adjust the race BGM and sound effect volume from “Quick Options” during a race.

A save data backup feature has been added.

Compatibility for the sequential shift mode of the Guillemot “TH8 RS” gear shifter has been added.

A “Performance Difference Adjustment” has been added to the rewards for seasonal events (Applies only to seasonal events held after this update).

Force feedback for the “Driving Force GT”, “GT FORCE Pro”, “G25 Racing Wheel”, ” G27 Racing Wheel”, and ” T500 RS” steering wheel controllers have been improved.

A car with racing modifications applied are now categorized as a Racing Car (previously Tuned Car).

The off-track shortcut penalty has been tweaked.

The GT5 Photo Stream service has just been launched for all players worldwide. To view the latest images taken and shared in the game are now available here.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a problem where Karts and Ferrari F1 cars could drive together with other cars in the Lounge

Fixed a rarely occurring issue in which the system freezes when exiting the lounge

Fixed a problem where you could purchase tires for the 125 SPL racing Kart in the tuning parts shop (Tires purchased previously will now become invalid)

Fixed a problem in which the straight-line stability of the Lancer Evolution X was decreased when using a steering wheel controller

Fixed an issue where wrong color dirt and snow tire wheels were displayed on some cars when the wheels were changed

Fixed delay when launching electric cars using controllers other than a steering wheel controller pedal

Fixed a rarely occurring issue where the system would freeze at the end of a race

Fixed an issue where it becomes difficult to hear your own car when driving with other race cars in online races, etc.

You know the drill

Bolded some of the more important notes.. we will get our GT academy cars in more than a month :/ BUT there could be a twin ring motegi :o

Also for those who don't know.. Photostream is basically a place where recent images that have been set to share can be viewed with fully anonymous authors and no form of rating system, just a way to see what others have been doing in their GTPhotogrophy (see what I did there....)

• Like 1

this is the only game that even after 2 years they still giving updates to improve game and giving out free stuff.

love it!!!! :lol:

That's because the "updates" are what would have been in the non-downloadable world known as GT6. Since there is no need to make the "more encompassing" updated version of the game for the current hardware, PD can fix what is broken, or just slightly bent, and add as they go. For the previous hardware generations, the even numbered sequels were just larger versions of the previous odd numbered games.

GT is the good example of how to handle the Digital Download age. Now I need to go tie up my PS3 for the entire day D/Ling the update. :(

• Like 1

That's because the "updates" are what would have been in the non-downloadable world known as GT6. Since there is no need to make the "more encompassing" updated version of the game for the current hardware, PD can fix what is broken, or just slightly bent, and add as they go. For the previous hardware generations, the even numbered sequels were just larger versions of the previous odd numbered games.

GT is the good example of how to handle the Digital Download age. Now I need to go tie up my PS3 for the entire day D/Ling the update. :(

i understand that but i still love it! :lol:

I don't know if anybody noticed, but a new Online Event went up last night. A new A-Spec FF challenge: 5 races, 430PP max with Sport Hard tires or less. Yeah, sounds real exciting, right. However, this one comes with a kicker. The less powerful your car, the more money that you get for your race position placement.

Ran the Cape Ring race last night that had a 188k prize, but I ran my 400pp Honda Insight instead of getting a car with the 430pp max. Well, I won the Cape Ring race, so that netted me around 2x the normal prize amount and with the 200% multiplier going it ended up being like a 4x bonus. :D

Obviously, this has something to do with the latest D/L, but what a sweet enhancement. So now instead of grabbing the max limit car, we can expect to start seeing drivers shooting for the least dominant car that can still win the race. It's definitely going to add some extra spiciness to the game, at least for me!