On 9/17/2023 at 12:41 AM, Eispan said:

Loadout for the Bugatti Veyron:

Tyres: Track Pro

Nitrous: Burn Pro

Chassis: Lightweight Pro

Body: Impact Protection Pro

Transmission: Short Gears Pro

Platform: PlayStation TV

I tried to play this race differently but it did not work for me.  I had this crazy idea that taking down one of the Corvette Interceptors to fill up the nitrous boost would help raise the average speed.  Sometimes I even get an extra Corvette Interceptor just before the overpass and carry an average of up to 285 km/h before the gas station.  I even topped the nitrous tank at the gas station.  This is WRONG and should not be done

I had to restart countless of times just to make this 'experiment' work.  Just do things the traditional way.  All this methodology just complicates things and it does not work.  The average speed kept going down to silver after leaving Hodges despite starting so strong early on.  As it turns out, taking nitrous at the gas station affects the average since we would have to go through the dirt road that surrounds it.

Then there is this trick to not skip the cutscene which is very helpful as we would begin with 325 km/h instead of only 275 after every restart.  This goes up to 350 at the first checkpoint before we hit the breaks.  By the time I reach the overpass it moves between 265-290 km/h, enough buffer for when we go through the dirt road at Hodges averaging at 260 until exiting and re-joining Interstate 92 still on GOLD

No need to do anything extraordinary, just wing it and avoid collisions and of course after watching the cutscene.  That extra 50 km/h at the start is very helpful.  In actuality, it is easy to lose that much average speed with just a collision or bouncing off guard rails, but to build that back up takes forever.

What the hell man lol.. 

You just made it more complicated.. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

What the hell man lol.. You just made it more complicated.. 

Yeah I may have indeed at first.  In the end I just winged it after getting sick and tired of experimenting for a better way to do it.  There actually is no better way... just getting better at it is the key.

... and of course watching the cutscene after every restart.