Rocket League joins Esport! & PC+PS4 crossplay!

anton1453

zZthLgA.png

Rocket league is now a E-sport and will be played on ESL!

So go ahead and sign up a team of 3 people and win this!  :D

In my eye's this seems awesome and i could see this game to be very entertaining.

About the competition:

1 game will be 5 minutes long.

So it seems like the bracket games will be best out of 5.

The maximum time for the brackets games will be 25 minutes and the lowest will be at 15 minutes.

Then we have the placement games where it will be a best out of 7.

This means the maximum time will be a total of 35 minutes and the lowest being 20 minutes!

It is going live this Sunday 12/7/2015 for PlayStation 4 where we currently have 8 teams signed up!

As said on ESL we will soon see cross-play in Rocket League to make it more exiting and bring the

community's together! :)

I really hope they introduce some item in the game for the winners and for the people watching the streams since

this would make a lot of more people watching the streams and cheering for their favorite team! :)

If you wan't to sign up a team for either NA or EU go ahead and click here!

You can read more about the rules and how it will be played as well in the link! ^

This is kinda awesome, show mah skills to the world (or at least some sweaty men in a basement)! :awesome:

EDIT: BASED Microsoft still allowing cross play for PC and PS4? Why will all your favourites do such a generous thing? :awesome: 

Edited by 3DS Master Race

This is kinda awesome, show mah skills to the world (or at least some sweaty men in a basement)! :awesome:

EDIT: BASED Microsoft still allowing cross play for PC and PS4? Why will all your favourites do such a generous thing? :awesome:

Microsoft can't control what a PC game wan't to do, they don't own anything of rocket league.

PC is not a platformed owned by Microsoft.

Edited by anton1453

Microsoft can't control what a PC game wan't to do, they don't own anything of rocket league.

PC is not a platformed owned by Microsoft.

Windows is owned by MS, most games are played on Windows. I think they can, it's clear they won't considering it would ruining their rep. 

Windows is owned by MS, most games are played on Windows. I think they can, it's clear they won't considering it would ruining their rep. 

Haha, no xD

Microsoft doesn't own a single game produced with even when the game used software's from microsoft.

The game doesn't have to been produced with windows at all.

PC != Windows.(Programming reference, != means that it is not equal xD)

That is like saying microsoft owns anything made with their OS. That even means that microsoft owns playstation, nintendo and steam and everything else.

Microsoft can't do that, it is not simply possible.

You might be thinking of GFWL_transparent.png

This is the few game company's that have decided to partner with Microsoft this does not include games that doesn't want to partner with Microsoft.

Edited by anton1453

I was so excited for this announcement early this year.  I just joined a team to compete, looking forward to it VERY MUCH :)

EDIT: Rocket League was Steam/PC game that development began sometime in 2012/3. Sony really warmed up to it and wanted Psyonix to have some exclusive PS4 stuff and be in the PS Plus Instant Games Collection on Day One.  Sony, Psyonix, and Steam are the only companies involved in supporting Rocket League.

Microsoft has no say what Psyonix and Valve (Steam) do with their products :)

Edited by TruSolja
  • Like 1

If your game is using Windows, of course they can, its their OS. Anyway, let us just drop this and enjoy the news.

- the game on PS4 connects to a server to play online

- the game on PC connects to a server to play online

If they connect to the same server, they can play together. And microsoft can't do anything about it... Do you believe microsoft restrict access to sony.com via internet explorer? Of course not.

Edited by lesk8vaincra

- the game on PS4 connects to a server to play online

- the game on PC connects to a server to play online

If they connect to the same server, they can play together. And microsoft can't do anything about it...

Microsoft has no right to touch the game what so ever. They own 0% of the game & the studio!

Then Microsoft would be breaking laws and would get sued.

Edited by anton1453

That's what i'm saying.

That is what you men't but the comment sound more like that you say that they screw over Microsoft, like Microsoft had a part of it.

But i get where you are coming from and the meaning of it. (Not trying to be a grammar police or something my English suck but i still got the feeling that you men't that Microsoft had a small part but the company fooled them xD)

I would love to join but i got one too, but maybe i can be a back up? :D

I made a team with a couple of guys I found on the ESL site. We weren't great. We lost 5-0 in the first round, so you're probably better off sticking with your own team :P I watched some of the later games on Twitch. The standard was just insane. Don't think I'll be giving it another go. It's a bit above my level.