Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition

HeySumbode

Now saw this on the PS Blog

[media=]

[/media]

Before we get to the big week, we’ve decided to curb your appetite by giving you a sneak peak at the newest addition to the PlayStation accessories family.

The New Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition

Featuring “BassImpact” technology, this translates bass sounds into ‘pulses’ around the earpads of the headset. The Pulse – Elite Edition combines 7.1 virtual surround sound with BassImpact to deliver an unprecedented level of immersion, while sharpening your perception on the battlefield or anywhere else you play.

Additionally, the Pulse – Elite Edition incorporates all the features of the Wireless Stereo Headset and these new features:

• Higher fidelity speaker drivers for dynamic sound
  • Preset Modes to optimize your audio experience for select gaming genres, movies, and music
  • Hidden noise-cancelling microphones deliver crystal clear voice chat and allow for a more streamlined design
  • Compatible with your PS3, PS Vita, favorite mobile device or MP3 player (connects via built-in 3.5mm audio jack and included auxiliary cable)

Available this fall for $149.99 (MSRP), this headset gives you a great sound experience for gaming at home on PS3, or on the go using your PS Vita or mobile device.

Important!!!...

As promised, we will be releasing a New PS3 firmware update to address the unintended effects in certain games that were created by the “Sidetone” feature introduced with the PS3 system software update (v4.10). Thanks for your continued patience.

Source: US PlayStation Blog

I love the original headset I got for $65 (Amazon mess up.) It's awesome and I don't need a new one. I think both of these look cool but I wish for new buyers' sake that they'd shrink the USB adapter. I mean it's like 3 inches long so if I'm on my laptop I have to be careful not to snap it off :shakefist:

I love the original headset I got for $65 (Amazon mess up.) It's awesome and I don't need a new one. I think both of these look cool but I wish for new buyers' sake that they'd shrink the USB adapter. I mean it's like 3 inches long so if I'm on my laptop I have to be careful not to snap it off :shakefist:

agreed. same here, My 7.1 works awesome with no site of trading it in anytime soon. and the usb is a tad extended but My PS3 is out of the way so I really have no need to worry. got mines for $50 @ gamestop the day after Christmas :D .

but, if I didn't already have the 7.1 then I guess I would be looking @ the elite. but for sure with a price tag like that I would have to pass. this only means that the 7.1 will be dropping in price soon. :hmm:

agreed. same here, My 7.1 works awesome with no site of trading it in anytime soon. and the usb is a tad extended but My PS3 is out of the way so I really have no need to worry. got mines for $50 @ gamestop the day after Christmas :D .

but, if I didn't already have the 7.1 then I guess I would be looking @ the elite. but for sure with a price tag like that I would have to pass. this only means that the 7.1 will be dropping in price soon. :hmm:

Yeah when I use them with my PS3 the USB is fine, just laptop scares me a little :rolleyes:

And if I didn't have my current ones then I'd probably look into getting these. I like the option to plug into any device with a headphone jack (although I have my Beats by Dre for my iPod..)