PS Now is now in Open beta in the UK

DanimalXIII

Hehe no way. 
Now, on the US store is horrendous price wise. 

I can only imagine how borderline insulting the UK store is. 

Also, backwards comp should be a thing...
I'm not paying them an exorbitant amount of money for something their competitor does for free, or paying for same game twice. 

This whole thing is just insulting tbh and needs to die. 

Either that or it needs to be netflix levels of pricing. 

• Like 1

Waiting for it to come to Brazil. Can't wait to play digitally online without needing to wait for mail arrival and such.

Could anyone remind if they charge for games or 'consumption' time? I'm quite sure it's the latter, so I can play whatever I want under the time, right or wrong?

Edited by TheYuriG

Waiting for it to come to Brazil. Can't wait to play digitally online without needing to wait for mail arrival and such.

Could anyone remind if they charge for games or 'consumption' time? I'm quite sure it's the latter, so I can play whatever I want under the time, right or wrong?

You can rent for 4 hours, a day, 7 days, 30 days etc

They do charge a ridiculous amount for old games

• Like 1

In the US(NA?) version you can pay for a subscription and can play anything in the subscription database for as long as you are subscribed. Right now there is a 1 month and 3 month option. There is also an option to get games on a game by game basis, but it is much more expensive. The beta version doesn't allow the subscriptions so with the beta you have to rent on a game by game basis. This page has all the currently available subscription based games. They seem to add about 5 more games a month.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

You can rent for 4 hours, a day, 7 days, 30 days etc

They do charge a ridiculous amount for old games

In the US(NA?) version you can pay for a subscription and can play anything in the subscription database for as long as you are subscribed. Right now there is a 1 month and 3 month option. There is also an option to get games on a game by game basis, but it is much more expensive. The beta version doesn't allow the subscriptions so with the beta you have to rent on a game by game basis. This page has all the currently available subscription based games. They seem to add about 5 more games a month.

Thanks for both responses, it's what I was expecting to hear. If my prediction of the price translation is right (based on ps plus comparison), I should be saving up to 60% monthly in rentals. Please come at me PS Now.

I have PS now for the time being and I was impressed but beginning to hate it mainly because of the input lag. Sometimes, the input lag is so bad the games are unplayable. Also most of the games have no multiplayer. And I'm not sure people using PS Now can connect with PS3 users, but it seems like they can't.

Edited by Your_Restrain

I was looking on PS now from my PS4 and I see PS3 games to download, does this mean I would have to play them on a PS3?

I believe you could play some PS3 games on PS4 with PS Now.

Since the PS4 itself isn't backwards compatibel, they wanted to use PS Now so users could play PS3 games on the PS4.

• Like 1