Kickin' it oldschool

Lady Lilith

Just came

SonicAdventure1cased.jpg

SonicAdventure1inside.jpg

SonicAdventure1sweepstakes1.jpg

SonicAdventure1Sweepstakes2.jpg

I love how a 13 year old game was brand new, as in still sealed, and even came with this sweepstakes form, even if it ended in 2000. You can't get any more authentic and classic than that.

Edit-Old pictures were kind of bad cause of the light and the 3ds' camera isnt as good as a real camera. I touched them up a bit, and they look a lot nicer.

Edited by gamerm1337
  • Like 2

Sonic Adventure is one of my favorite Dreamcast games. While you're on your "old school" binge, may I suggest you pick up Shenmue if you don't already have it? Not only is the by far the best Dreamcast game (in my opinion) it's one of my favorite games of all time. It's an absolutely fantastic game.

Parker

Sonic Adventure is one of my favorite Dreamcast games. While you're on your "old school" binge, may I suggest you pick up Shenmue if you don't already have it? Not only is the by far the best Dreamcast game (in my opinion) it's one of my favorite games of all time. It's an absolutely fantastic game.

Parker

I'm not so sure about getting Shenmue. I mean, I want to play it, but I've heard a lot of horror stories with bad discs/Dreamcasts not reading one or all of the Shenmue CDs. The only way I see to avoid this is to buy it brand new...but last time I checked, a brand new Shenmue was a little on the pricey side. The ideal solution would be a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD rerelease on PSN.

I'm not so sure about getting Shenmue. I mean, I want to play it, but I've heard a lot of horror stories with bad discs/Dreamcasts not reading one or all of the Shenmue CDs. The only way I see to avoid this is to buy it brand new...but last time I checked, a brand new Shenmue was a little on the pricey side. The ideal solution would be a Shenmue 1 and 2 HD rerelease on PSN.

Really? I hadn't heard that before. I guess I'm lucky that my copy still works perfectly, in fact I'm playing through it right now and I'm on the third disc and no hiccups yet. An HD re-release on PSN (of I and II) would be amazing, I'd easily fork over $60 for each again (even though I doubt they'd cost that much) to be able to replay them with better graphics using my favorite controller. I'm not a huge fan of trophies either but I'd have a hell of a time getting the platinum for those games.

Parker

Tomb Raider: Last Revelation and Time Stalkers came today. Time Stalkers had a tiny nick in the case, like someone dropped it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was my lousy post office, that place is horrible.

Just ordered Tomb Raider: Chronicles for Dreamcast for super cheap...wondering if Angel of Darkness is worth getting. I've heard so many bad things about it, but I'm interested in the plot.

I kinda like games where you're accused of doing something super bad, like being framed for a murder, and everyone hates you, except for a few people...as long as they aren't super sugar coated like Super Mario Sunshine

Oh yes, and Time Stalkers came with another one of those sweepstakes forms. Yay. My dad who doesn't know much of anything about gaming said I should register, even though I said it was from 2000 earlier. Apparently he thought it was just a typo. Yeah..that was kinda funny.

Edited by gamerm1337

Finally found a Shenmue with all three discs PLUS the passport disc for a very reasonable price of 20 dollars (new was like 80, big difference), and it says the discs are guaranteed to play.

Sadly, I cannot get Shenmue II unless I buy an original Xbox, as Shenmue II wasn't released here on the Dreamcast (I don't live in Europe, and I'd rather not import, heck, i don't even know if my Dreamcast is region modded. Could be, I got it used. Rather not take the risk though)

Importing might be a better option, unless I suddenly want to play another Jet Set Radio when the PSN version comes out. Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta are probably the only other original Xbox games I'd want if it came to that.

Edited by gamerm1337