Getting a new PS4, warranty, saving games to cloud?

Crespelio-X12

Ok so I made a thread talking about unexpected disk eject and I just talked to Sony and they say that I will lose my disk games but not my downloable games (WTF??) will I lose my PSN account no I don't think so they said I wouldn't but my question is.

Can't I just copy my save data of disk and downloadble games to the cloud? (I´m PS PLUS member) And how can I transfer my data to cloud?

Rest in Piece: PlayStation 4. 25/12/2013-03/08/2015 I hope they don't treat you bad but I know they will.

The cloud only holds up to 1 gig of data and it will be games saves.. So if you have to lose your game data ( disc installations ) its no big deal because you can just re-download the game as long as the save file is in the cloud, no progress lost. No you will not lose your PSN account as that is saved on Sony's servers. You will just need to re-login in on your new machine

The cloud only holds up to 1 gig of data and it will be games saves.. So if you have to lose your game data ( disc installations ) its no big deal because you can just re-download the game as long as the save file is in the cloud, no progress lost. No you will not lose your PSN account as that is saved on Sony's servers. You will just need to re-login in on your new machine

Thanks, brother. The Hulkamania is still running wild. xD

To upload saved data:

- parameters

- saved data management

- data saved on the system disk

then you choose upload on the cloud or copy on an USB storage.

Don't know if it is the proper translation though, my PS4 is in french.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok so I made a thread talking about unexpected disk eject and I just talked to Sony and they say that I will lose my disk games but not my downloable games (WTF??) will I lose my PSN account no I don't think so they said I wouldn't but my question is.

Can't I just copy my save data of disk and downloadble games to the cloud? (I´m PS PLUS member) And how can I transfer my data to cloud?

Rest in Piece: PlayStation 4. 25/12/2013-03/08/2015 I hope they don't treat you bad but I know they will.

vfc,

I would offer another suggestion as well. What you've been speaking about (uploading and restoring individual saves to the new PS4) would work, however if you're looking for a COMPLETE backup and restore, I might suggest you use the Hard Drive Backup feature that was added in 2.50

What this does is do a COMPLETE back up of your system. Game Saves, Saved Media, Settings, even things like game installs and patches so you don't need to redownload them. You can back this up an external USB hard drive, and then restore it to the new PS4. Read more about it here if you like: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/backup.html

Only thing you need to do first is when you get the new PS4, update it to the latest version, and then perform the restore feature.

Like I said nothing WRONG with the method of uploading individual saves to PS+ Online Storage, but you're capped at 1GB of storage, and you could only use that for application save data. You would need to redownload all of your PSN games, re-install all of your disc titles, as well as updates. Plus you would need to change all of your system settings again and you'd lose your saved photos/videos as well.

Ultimately the complete backup/restore was meant for people in situations like yours, where you're getting a new PS4 and need to carbon copy one system to another. So consider it!  :)

Edited by Dead-Sync

vfc,

I would offer another suggestion as well. What you've been speaking about (uploading and restoring individual saves to the new PS4) would work, however if you're looking for a COMPLETE backup and restore, I might suggest you use the Hard Drive Backup feature that was added in 2.50

What this does is do a COMPLETE back up of your system. Game Saves, Saved Media, Settings, even things like game installs and patches so you don't need to redownload them. You can back this up an external USB hard drive, and then restore it to the new PS4. Read more about it here if you like: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/backup.html

Only thing you need to do first is when you get the new PS4, update it to the latest version, and then perform the restore feature.

Like I said nothing WRONG with the method of uploading individual saves to PS+ Online Storage, but you're capped at 1GB of storage, and you could only use that for application save data. You would need to redownload all of your PSN games, re-install all of your disc titles, as well as updates. Plus you would need to change all of your system settings again and you'd lose your saved photos/videos as well.

Ultimately the complete backup/restore was meant for people in situations like yours, where you're getting a new PS4 and need to carbon copy one system to another. So consider it!  :)

But there are games that I don't want to be on cloud and I already putted the ones I wanted in it

But there are games that I don't want to be on cloud and I already putted the ones I wanted in it

You can easily delete application saves off of cloud storage if you want. Just go to SETTINGS > APPLICATION STORAGE MANAGEMENT > ITEMS SAVED ONLINE > DELETE. That's how you delete the save files off of your online storage if you don't want them anymore and want to free up some more of your 1GB.