Can't reply to certain emails in Steins;Gate

aliinetje

If you've been skipping text that'd be why. Make sure you respond to emails as soon as you receive them, because after a few lines of text the email is counted as ignored and you can't reply to it.

Also you should play the game properly, it's really great.

Also also, this belongs in the Steins;Gate sub-forum found under the 'PS3 Games' or 'PS Vita Games' section.

Edited by Akira-chan
  • Like 1

If you've been skipping text that'd be why. Make sure you respond to emails as soon as you receive them, because after a few lines of text the email is counted as ignored and you can't reply to it.

Also you should play the game properly, it's really great.

This member actually contacted me about their issues saying that they did do a real playthrough. They read my comment in the trophy guide, noticed that I had earned all the trophies and asked how I did it. I deleted and re installed my game to get the emails to work but it apparently didn't work for them.

I don't know what's wrong either. When I received an email the skip function automatically stopped so maybe it's something I messed with in the settings?

This member actually contacted me about their issues saying that they did do a real playthrough. They read my comment in the trophy guide, noticed that I had earned all the trophies and asked how I did it. I deleted and re installed my game to get the emails to work but it apparently didn't work for them.

I don't know what's wrong either. When I received an email the skip function automatically stopped so maybe it's something I messed with in the settings?

Well in that case I have no idea. I had a mail glitch on me in chapter 4 iirc (I replied yet never received the following replies) and that was fixed by just quick loading from the start of the chapter and trying again. Also the skip automatically stopping I think only applied to the true ending route (if you're referring to pressing start that is) as the skip featured on the Start button only skips previously read text and does indeed stop on mails. As far as I'm aware, the only way to skip the first time is to hold a button manually but I may be wrong.

Edited by Akira-chan

Well in that case I have no idea. I had a mail glitch on me in chapter 4 iirc (I replied yet never received the following replies) and that was fixed by just quick loading from the start of the chapter and trying again. Also the skip automatically stopping I think only applied to the true ending route (if you're referring to pressing start that is) as the skip featured on the Start button only skips previously read text and does indeed stop on mails. As far as I'm aware, the only way to skip the first time is to hold a button manually but I may be wrong.

jeah with R on vita you skip , even new text .  with start only text you already read.  you can change in options that this start skip stops at phone trigger . maybe this option is off . or he puts the R button.

jeah with R on vita you skip , even new text .  with start only text you already read.  you can change in options that this start skip stops at phone trigger . maybe this option is off . or he puts the R button.

Ahh. that's what I was thinking of. You can change the text skip option to "all" in the settings and also change the skip to stop at phone triggers; I mean that's probably how those fricken trophy whores got the plat in less than 3 hours :angry: . That's what I did when I had to re install my game just to fix the emails as I had no save data of already read text.

Ahh. that's what I was thinking of. You can change the text skip option to "all" in the settings and also change the skip to stop at phone triggers; I mean that's probably how those fricken trophy whores got the plat in less than 3 hours :angry: . That's what I did when I had to re install my game just to fix the emails as I had no save data of already read text.

I tested the skip function with text skip all on the Vita version and it ALWAYS stopped at an email or phone call prompt.

I tested the skip function with text skip all on the Vita version and it ALWAYS stopped at an email or phone call prompt.

Wut? That didn't happen to me. :S

I give up... This is just about as weird as Okarin speaking english for the first time in the game.