Missed Charges & Credit Card information is not valid!

markcavan

Okay, so up until yesterday I had no problems adding funds to my PSN account via my credit card, then yesterday I tried to get some games on sale and bang, it complained saying there was a problem.

Looking on my PSN account I checked my credit card and PSN is saying there is a "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully.", okay so done that and its 100% correct.  I even called the bank and they said the problem is on PSN side.

I then checked under my transaction history which reports "missed charges" and I can see the problem.  PSN are trying to debt €0.00 from my card which off course the bank rejects and not the amount it would cost for the game I'm trying to purchase.

Contacted PSN support and they are idiots saying the solution is to buy a prepaid card or go setup a paypal account.

Looking online and it appears 100s of people have had problems like this going back since 2008 until now.  On the off chance anyone on here knows a solution please let me know.

Thanks.

I recommend setting up PayPal. It's a work around, but once it's set up you can use it for all your other purchases online too, without having to give individual merchants - whose security may be less secure than PayPal's - your details.

Thanks, started that process this morning but will take a day or two to get everything verified within PayPal.  Sony really should just remove credit cards as an option on the PSN store if its this buggy and just not piss its customers off.

Thanks, started that process this morning but will take a day or two to get everything verified within PayPal.  Sony really should just remove credit cards as an option on the PSN store if its this buggy and just not piss its customers off.

Why so long? I think it took me about 30 mins to completely set up my PayPal, including phone, both my bank cards, and linking it to PSN. 

Why so long? I think it took me about 30 mins to completely set up my PayPal, including phone, both my bank cards, and linking it to PSN. 

Apparently they need to debt small amounts from my account and then I need to validate those debt transactions within PayPal using transaction IDs.  Says it should take 1-2 business days.

Apparently they need to debt small amounts from my account and then I need to validate those debt transactions within PayPal using transaction IDs.  Says it should take 1-2 business days.

I think you read it wrong. In my case, they added 1 penny to my account rather than make a debit, and this had a transaction ID on the statement.

I entered my details in PayPal, hit "validate", they sent me a penny, I checked my online banking, penny received, entered the code into PayPal, job done. Took about 5 mins. 

Check your bank account online, it may be done already. PayPal said it may take a few days, but was instant.

That new verification for PayPal is new. Just became a thing within the last few months.

Your credit card problem is this; You are entering your address correctly, but it differs from how your credit card company stores your informatiin itln its database. For example, an address of 77 Rugent Drive Townhouse 33 may read in their database as 33-RUGENT DR 77 . You need to match this EXACTLY. Caps and all. Call your credit card company and figure out how they store your info in their database.

• Like 1

That new verification for PayPal is new. Just became a thing within the last few months.

Your credit card problem is this; You are entering your address correctly, but it differs from how your credit card company stores your informatiin itln its database. For example, an address of 77 Rugent Drive Townhouse 33 may read in their database as 33-RUGENT DR 77 . You need to match this EXACTLY. Caps and all. Call your credit card company and figure out how they store your info in their database.

Thanks, have checked the address and ensured it was the same but will check again to be 1,000% sure.

Okay, PayPal validation done and all okay on my banks and PayPals side.  Linked the PayPal account to my PSN account (removed Visa Card from PSN account) but still the same feckin problem now even using the PayPal account.

Rang bank and no problem on their end and Rang PSN and they have not got a clue and are very unhelpful!

Not sure what to do now... might just need to wait a few days or I'll have to go get a prepaid card each time I want to make a purchase (which would be a right pain)!