Missing Story Scenes?

So, I just read a review of Motorstorm Apocalypse, and it mentions it has motion comic story scenes in festival mode. However, I'm just over 2 thirds of the way through festival (playing as Big Dog now) and haven't seen a single motion comic.

Here's how things happen. I finish a race and qualify for next, I press X to continue, screen blacks out, brings up loading screen for next race, starts next race. No story scenes. All I get is a little Big Dog quote on the race loading screens.

Soo, what's going on? Where are these motion comics? I know you don't play Motorstorm Apocalypse for story, but if it's there, I wanna see it. Anyone have any answers?

• Like 1

They were cut from digital version for unknown reasons (probably to make smaller download size). By the way, there were complaints about that on official Russian PS forum in March by some user who wanted a refund. Sony didn't returned money, but gave another disc as a compensation.

Edited by SuperZay

Ah, ok. It's not a major issue, besides, i got it free... It's just that I haven't got much idea of the story besides "Let's race around a crumbling city". Are those Big Dog quotes related to the motion comic scenes? If so, then it's little wonder I haven't got much idea what he's talking about half the time.

Silly really. What's the point in having a story if half your customers aren't going to experience it? Oh well, like I said, no biggy really.

Wow that doesn't seem right at all. Shame on Sony for cutting out part of the game, that's really shady on their part. Maybe if enough people complained they'd patch the scenes in, regardless of whether or not their important it's the principle of the thing. Unless the digital version is cheaper and says somewhere that it doesn't include the scenes, I'd be making a fuss. Obviously this case is different as you got it free but as a paying customer I'd be pissed.

Parker