Mad Max Trophy List Discussion

damon8r351

I take back what I said about platinum being "easy but grindy". It's def not easy.

Up to the Task

Complete all non-repeating challenges

Good luck with that one. I didn't realize what it actually was until just now. Within the game there is something called "legend" which keeps track of every challenge/accomplishment in the game, which initially make's you level up every time you complete one. It's a huge variety of stuff, and you accomplish a lot of them just by playing the game. But now that I am 75% on my way with the trophies (done with the story, side missions, every camp, scarecrow, minefield, sniper etc., and basically just have some cleaning up to do here and there (looting all scavenging locations, races etc.).

I have completed 100 of them and 27 uncompleted. But now that the game is finished, and the desert is basically out of opponents (there is a car here and there but not like it used to be), It's next to impossible to get all this done. I'm also missing some combat challenges which are actually impossible to get done now that the game is out of people to fight.

There is also a lot of "tricks" you have to do, and some of them up to several times. Like "shoot the tires / gas tank of a moving car with the sniper rifle while driving a specific car" (can be done), but then it get's interesting; "defeat 2 vehicles within 2 seconds while driving a specific car while in a storm", "get 3 seconds of air without using a jump in a specific car while in a storm" etc etc etc. There is like 1-2 storms within 12 hours of gameplay. And to sit and wait for them to start, then grab the correct vehicle, find an opponent / something to jump off of, pull it off before the storm ends.. I mean.. seriously. That shit is never gonna happen.

I bet you hardcore trophy hunters are gonna be able to get the platinum for sure, but when we all assumed it was "easy but grindy", it's simply not easy at all. It's hard and very very grindy.

Came here to warn/ gather some info on this. Thanks for the heads up. i was going to inquire on if enemies still spawn or if there is some sort of "Thunderdome" for the melee challenges. I'm curious though, since the map is apparently infinite and spawns random stuff,(not entirely sure what yet) would it be possible to run into melee combatants out in the unknown?

Edited by Sotanji

I take back what I said about platinum being "easy but grindy". It's def not easy.

Up to the Task

Complete all non-repeating challenges

Good luck with that one. I didn't realize what it actually was until just now. Within the game there is something called "legend" which keeps track of every challenge/accomplishment in the game, which initially make's you level up every time you complete one. It's a huge variety of stuff, and you accomplish a lot of them just by playing the game. But now that I am 75% on my way with the trophies (done with the story, side missions, every camp, scarecrow, minefield, sniper etc., and basically just have some cleaning up to do here and there (looting all scavenging locations, races etc.).

I have completed 100 of them and 27 uncompleted. But now that the game is finished, and the desert is basically out of opponents (there is a car here and there but not like it used to be), It's next to impossible to get all this done. I'm also missing some combat challenges which are actually impossible to get done now that the game is out of people to fight.

There is also a lot of "tricks" you have to do, and some of them up to several times. Like "shoot the tires / gas tank of a moving car with the sniper rifle while driving a specific car" (can be done), but then it get's interesting; "defeat 2 vehicles within 2 seconds while driving a specific car while in a storm", "get 3 seconds of air without using a jump in a specific car while in a storm" etc etc etc. There is like 1-2 storms within 12 hours of gameplay. And to sit and wait for them to start, then grab the correct vehicle, find an opponent / something to jump off of, pull it off before the storm ends.. I mean.. seriously. That shit is never gonna happen.

I bet you hardcore trophy hunters are gonna be able to get the platinum for sure, but when we all assumed it was "easy but grindy", it's simply not easy at all. It's hard and very very grindy.

Yeah, it's probably the only trophy I won't end up getting for the game. That said I really don't mind all that much because I love the game...

Yeah, it's probably the only trophy I won't end up getting for the game. That said I really don't mind all that much because I love the game...

Yeah the game was absolutely fantastic, which kinda make's me want the platinum to honor the game. But then again, I'm not a big trophy hunter, I just play for fun and to pass time, and the trophies are just a bonus / fun / competitive thing amongst friends. I'm really into getting a lot of trophies when I start a game (specially since I get new releases early), but as soon as I stumble upon a hard one, I'm like, f.. this, and move on to a different game after I complete it :)

Storms are pretty anoying too. It looks like they only happen if you don´t need them. Thankfully i have the most storm challenges and only need to do a 3 seconds jump in a storm. Got them in the last mission of arc 2. I find the "beat that car with that car challenges" way more demotivating. I´m not 100% sure to get all of them. Cleared all threats in jeet and most in gutgash but now i´m looking forward to first do the car specific challenges before doing more threatgrinding.