Holy CRAP, today was a good day.

Lady Lilith

That's really cool, and amazing how far medicine has come. Honestly though, I never even knew there was medicine for stuttering, I always assumed something like speech therapy was used to try to cure it. Have you ever tried speech therapy or anything else like that?

Regardless though, it's always great to feel better about yourself and I'm glad you can move on with that part of your life.

Parker

Basically I've stuttered for as long as I can remember, and got teased to hell for it in school. A little after high school, I started taking medicine to control it. It did cause it to disappear, but it also caused me to sleep until 3 in the afternoon, and was expensive as shit. So I stopped taking that and switched to a much cheaper sleeping aid (I have insomnia), but the stuttering returned. A few days ago, I decided to talk my doctor into putting me back on the original stuff, only this time it's WAY cheaper, and it's only a quarter of the dosage. Started that last night, and today I woke up at 7:30 for work as usual, and my stuttering was completely gone. In one day. I don't think I've ever felt better about myself. Now that it's not stupidly expensive, I can't think of a reason why I'd ever change again, since is seems to double for a sleep aid.

Good for you, that has to be a great relief. :)

Yes, it is a great relief. Today is probably the best day I've had (apart from a few normal work related problems, but I wasn't too bothered by them for once) in a while. I just feel so much better and more relaxed, etc. I feel like I have more confidence in myself, cause it drove me crazy when I stuttered to the point that I just wouldn't talk at all (mainly when I got teased in school, but I forget how I managed to participate without saying anything.)

And I think I tried therapy, but I don't think it worked too well. The medicine has helped so much better.