METAL GEAR ONLINE 3

I don't know, It reminds me so much of Peace Walker's multiplayer now that I think about it.. and Versus Ops was meh.

I miss custom names, that should have been there in the start and also the Attacking team can use Stealth Camo in Cloak & Dagger. Wtf? You weren't allowed to do that in MGO 2's TSNE. That is a big no no for me.

Bounty Hunter is alright, if you wanna win big.. just make an infiltrator class and rock stealth camo. I went 21-3.  :rolleyes: But this is just an old MGO fan complaining I guess. I got spoiled on that game and this makes me miss it so much despite all the problems it had. =/ 

I think I'm done for now. TL;DR, PS3 version sucks imo, maybeeeeee my mind will change some when I get the PS4 one. But by then everyone will be so ahead of me it won't even be funny. 

Has anyone noticed how slow GP earning is? Or is that just me.

Please, PS3 version is the same than PS4 version. If you don't like one, you won't like the other.

And I don't mind stealth camo in cloak and dagger mode. The attackers go basically unarmed, so is a necessity.

I'll post my review/feedback I posted to Reddit here as well. Guess some people might think of it as more of a rant. https://www.reddit.com/r/mgo/comments/3nu8r6/metal_gear_online_3_is_not_just_a_bad_online_game/

Remember the time when games were original and everyone wasnt trying to copy that one particilar product to try and gain more sales for their game? Well, maybe there never was a time like that, but personally I feel like we've reacher a whole new level.

I'm not a writer so I'm going to get straight to the point. This game is supposed to be about "Tactical Team Operations". Tactical team operations are nowhere to be found. Running like a headless chicken operations is more like it. I think the games problems begin with the spawn system. You are given a buddy in the beginning of the round. You can choose one by saluting them or if you dont you are given one automatically to my understanding. This first seemed like a good idea when I saw it in the trailer. I was so wrong... You have people spawning everywhere around the map now rather then advancing from one spawn point. This makes the game total CHAOS. If you thought spawn killing was annoying in other games. This ruins the whole experience. I never liked the Squad spawn in Battlefield. You fight an enemy, all of a sudden a guy spawns out of thin air. You are fighting two enemies!

Less really is the new norm these days when it comes to online modes as seen in the last Tomb Raider multiplayer flop for examble. Back in the day in multiplayer shooters used to have all the possible modes you could imagine. Deathmatch, team deathmach, various base modes, capture modes, rescue and elimination modes to name some. MGO3 only offers you 3 pathetic game types. Bounty Hunter which is a tdm with a fulton twist, Comm Control which is your normal base capture mode and Cloak & Dagger which is basically team sneaking from MGO2 with much less thought. Since someone thought it would be a great idea to have 3 different class types in the game. One of these is the infiltrator. Who always has the stealth camo. IN EVERY GAME MODE. That means the defenders in C&D can also have stealth camo, but they also have leathal weapons while the sneaking team is supposed to take out the other team with non lethal weapons. Who thought this through? It makes no sense and it's the dumbest thing I've come across in an online game. However the stealth camo isnt like in MGO2 where you could only see the players weapon and shadow, because appearently casual gamers cant see those things. Thats who this game is aimed for. Fuck the hardcore fans right?

The game has various other problems and the most noticeable ones are the walker gear and CQC. Whoever controls the walker controls the match. They are fast, equipped with a gatling gun and the player using it can only be shot from behind, by headshotting or shooting the walker for God knows how long. It's very difficult getting behind them because how fast they are and the gun is powerful enough to keep multiple enemies controlled. I've played matches where the enemy team got their hands on my teams walker gear as well. They had two walkers which is insane. After destroyed the gear will spawn after sometime, so destroying them in the beginning wont keep you in the clear for long. There is no way to turn these off as well. The CQC draw distance can be as much as 4 meters and you can be grabbed when your prone. One throw is an instand KO as everyone reading this already knows. Punches and kicks are completely useless unless you wish to revive a team mate.

The character creation is below avarage and deffinately not "deep" as described in the gameplay trailer. You have very limited options of hair (I knows these are soldier hair cuts) and eventually everyone ends up looking part of one creepy family. The character pre-sets you have to work on make this even worse rather then letting you use some sample faces like in the singleplayer.

There is so much more I could go into, but I dont want to keep writing for hours. I wish developers would realize that making their game like Call of Duty wont make people buy your game. Because fans of Call of Duty will play Call of Duty. Atleast that game has more then 3 game modes.

I am one of those people who played Metal Gear Online 2 for over 1000 hours. I loved the game because it gave me experience no other online game could offer for a stealth fanatic like my self. I hated the game because the servers were awful, but that game gave me so much. I met alot of great friends in that game. I wanted to have all of that again, but instead we got a big fuck you from Konami. I seriously hope these money hungry bastards go bankrupt and end up cleaning toilets instead. In that way they can be somehow useful to the world. I know every company has to make profit, but there is a point where you shoot your self in the foot. I doubt there will be much action in MGO3 servers one year from now, unless some serious fixes are delivered.

Suff.

• Like 3

Please, PS3 version is the same than PS4 version. If you don't like one, you won't like the other.

And I don't mind stealth camo in cloak and dagger mode. The attackers go basically unarmed, so is a necessity.

Attackers are the guys who have infinite stealth camo. Defenders are the ones who defend the data discs and they have stealth camo lol. That wasn't the case in MGO 2. 

4 hour video but this is basically what TSNE was like, I hope they fix it.

All I'm saying is that this game needs fixes. And idk, the 1080p and 60 FPS looks way better than what I'm getting on the PS3 version.  :|

Plus all of my friends are on the PS4 version.

The stealth camo in every game mode pisses me off to no end, no joke. And the CQC and Walker Gears seriously need balancing. You don't know how many times I see people just man the Walker Gears and will never get off of them until they're killed or no one touches them at all.

I spent one match hanging back using Optics + and just noticed the chaos going on around me..

Also it's not even funny how people can pull you from 6 feet away and stun you instantly, 1 hit CQC stuns are a joke.

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

This looks pretty bad doods. I think this is the PS4 version, but i'm not sure. Does anyone want to correct me on that?

LOL, people are dead bodieing already.

I kinda knew this would happen. It looks like one of the last gen versions unless the person recording can't have it go up to 1080p.

The guy is invisible now.. wow, just wow. This is either some really bad lag or this dood is literally cheating.

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

LOL, people are dead bodieing already.

I kinda knew this would happen already. It looks like one of the last gen versions unless the person recording can't have it go up to 1080p.

I looked up one of the players in the video, and they only had the PS4 version of MGSV.

And, i think you can only record videos on PS4 in 720p 30fps. 

Then that's disgusting. That right there is unacceptable.

I remember watching an interview with the MGSV community manager Robert Peeler, he was asked how are they going to deal with cheaters in MGO3, and he just said that consoles are limited, and there's nothing they can do.

I remember watching an interview with the MGSV community manager Robert Peeler, he was asked how are they going to deal with cheaters in MGO3, and he just said that consoles are limited, and there's nothing they can do.

It looked like a case of extreme lag honestly, but who knows?

Here's my bottom line: The game just launched, I am willing to still give it a chance and hope it gets fixes/patches down the line like MGO 2 did. MGO 2 at launch was pretty eh but we did have more game modes.. and the customization was way better.

I hope we get more items, right now I'm wearing a Busker hat with all Zebra camo and it kinda gives me a slight MGO 2 feel but I miss all this.

Customization starts at 3:00

• Like 1

It looked like a case of extreme lag honestly, but who knows?

Here's my bottom line: The game just launched, I am willing to still give it a chance and hope it gets fixes/patches down the line like MGO 2 did. MGO 2 at launch was pretty eh but we did have more game modes.. and the customization was way better.

I hope we get more items, right now I'm wearing a Busker hat with all Zebra camo and it kinda gives me a slight MGO 2 feel but I miss all this.

Customization starts at 3:00

I'm still staying positive, we'll see what happens. If Konami can't keep cheaters out of MGO3 on these new consoles, then they can eat a bag of dicks.  :P

I'm also very impressed by the level of customization in the video you shared. I've never seen anything like it. Such a shame i missed it.  :(

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the lack of host migration as another issue.

Seen it a few times whilst my better-half has been playing - his team will be winning by a mile and then the host will disconnect and the match will just drop.

Yeah, the guy just rage quits.. or he may have lagged out. MGO 2 had a system where you could pass off the host to someone else but if you didn't, the entire game would end.

"Kick or end" is what the host would say lol.

I hope they implement Host Migration. :|

Edited by Cielle

*Sigh* I'm really gonna log into MGO now and play this turd. I really dont have anything better to do with my life? X'D My guitar is standing in the corner and staring at me!

Its either that, or if you really wanna play MGO 2, gotta get that hacked PS3 and all that jazz.

If patches make this game more enjoyable for me, rejoice and I will play so much. It'd be nice if I could transfer all my progress over to the PS4 version but it looks like I'll have to start over.

We can only hope that Robert Peeler and the rest of the MGO devs don't let our feedback fall on deaf ears.

Edited by Cielle

Its either that, or if you really wanna play MGO 2, gotta get that hacked PS3 and all that jazz.

If patches make this game more enjoyable for me, rejoice and I will play so much. It'd be nice if I could transfer all my progress over to the PS4 version but it looks like I'll have to start over.

We can only hope that Robert Peeler and the rest of the MGO devs don't let our feedback fall on deaf ears.

I dont miss MGO2. I got to play it enough back in the day. That game had it's own problems, but atleast it was playable and fun. I didnt care when the servers closed. I'm gonna move on to better games. Battlefront beta today luckily xD hopefully that works.

I dont miss MGO2. I got to play it enough back in the day. That game had it's own problems, but atleast it was playable and fun. I didnt care when the servers closed. I'm gonna move on to better games. Battlefront beta today luckily xD hopefully that works.

The player count for MGO2R is horrible anyway, I got to play MGO 1 a year ago or now it seems.. it was pretty damn fun and I enjoyed it. 

I think I'll just stick to MGO 3 but I will be looking onto MGO2R because GHzGangster is wanting to actually remake it. Here's some map remodeling he and his fellow admins did.

They're still testing all this out but I'm impressed.

Edited by Cielle

The player count for MGO2R is horrible anyway, I got to play MGO 1 a year ago or now it seems.. it was pretty damn fun and I enjoyed it. 

I think I'll just stick to MGO 3 but I will be looking onto MGO2R because GHzGangster is wanting to actually remake it. Here's some map remodeling he and his fellow admins did.

They're still testing all this out but I'm impressed.

Looks pretty sweet. I'm not gonna rig a console to play with 30 people tho xD

Is that really all that was? Just lagswitching? I hope so!  :hmm:

I can't think anyone would be doing super malicious right now other than lagswitching.. but it could be extreme lag, I have no idea lol.

I haven't experienced that yet but all I know is that I was facing some guys who had the Walker Gears and were literally staying behind and not getting out of them when my team was close to winning..

I hope we get the option to change our class down the line, not being able to change your class and having to make a new character for a certain class is eh. :| 

I haven't seen the fish hat.. the croc hat or any of that stuff they showed in the TGS livestream. Pleaseeeee tell me that isn't all we're getting. Give us a lot more customization items!! 

Attackers are the guys who have infinite stealth camo. Defenders are the ones who defend the data discs and they have stealth camo lol. That wasn't the case in MGO 2. 

4 hour video but this is basically what TSNE was like, I hope they fix it.

I'm kinda lost. Seems to me TSNE had infinite stealth cameo too and it turned off when seen. I thought you guys said otherwise.

And, to be honest, this looks a lot like cloak an dagger, but with better players. And the CQC isn't OP, so that's nice.