jantrick2's Trophy Checklist -Welcome, to my Velvet Room-

jantrick2

I decided to start my own trophy checklist since I'm about to hit 50 plats soon. (Persona 4 Dancing All Night will be my 50th plat. I'm just waiting for the English version to release. ^_^)

PERSONA 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT IS OFFICIALLY MY 50TH PLAT!

I enjoy playing RPGs (specifically JPRGs), open world games, platformers, rhythm games, third person shooters, etc.

So... I'm just gonna list all my plats by year.

2010 - 4 Plats

LEGO Indiana Jones 2

1KTSN88.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 2/10

My first plat wasn't anything difficult (then again, none of my plats are). The only trophy I had to go out of my way to obtain was finishing the Hangar in less than 5 minutes. I got all others playing normally (Nearly all LEGO games are like this).

Tekken 6

YTRh8hA.png

Difficulty: 5/10

After getting my first plat, I decided to try to go back and try earning this one. I was only a few trophies away, unfortunately I really suck at fighting games xD. It took me several tries to win a ranked match, and I had to deal with several rage quitters on the way to 30 online matches.

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

3Foeu4u.png

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Difficulty: 3/10

I remember wanting to try a Sly Cooper game back in the PS2 days. I ended up buying a different game for some reason. I forgot all about the series until the HD Collection was announced, and I gotta say, I wish I bought these games sooner. :P

Sly 2: Band of Thieves

3Foeu4u.png

Enjoyment: 9/10

I found this game more enjoyable than the 1st. Really, WHY DIDN'T I BUY THESE GAMES ON THE PS2? Again, nothing too hard, and I managed to plat it before 2010 ended.

2011 - 2 Plats

LEGO Star Wars III

2xRE1fS.png

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Yup, another LEGO game. This took me much longer to finish compared to LEGO Indy. Out of all the LEGO Star Wars games, I think this one is my favorite.

inFAMOUS 2

MDLAH0f.png

I never got to plat the 1st inFAMOUS because of those damned blast shards. This game made finding them easier, plus it was less repetitive. I did miss the Lightning Storm power from the first game though.

2012 - 5 Plats

Skyrim

MfXbxZb.png

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

I got this game mostly because several people recommended it. I found the combat a little boring, especially when fighting dragons. I also got slightly annoyed with the Dragonborn since somehow he's the chosen one for every faction and Daedric Lord. There's a long line for his soul, I bet. This game also convinced me not to get any Bethesda games near launch. Or full price. Or both.

Assassin's Creed II

Eic7kwI.png

Enjoyment: 9.5/10

Good story, great characters. One of my favorite Assassin's Creed games. I really wish Ubisoft could make games of this quality again.

Trine 2

29ozxfI.png

Difficulty: 1/10

I think I got this for free or something. Can't really remember. Art style was good, but I didn't even bother finishing the game after platting.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

nStnWBB.png

Enjoyment: 7.5/10

I really missed the boss fights from the numbered Storm games. Overall still a decent game though.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (PS3)

a3N5c6w.png

I'm a big Batman fan and a big LEGO fan. Getting this game was a no-brainer. The voice acting in this one made it more enjoyable than the 1st LEGO Batman.

2013 - 11 Plats

The Walking Dead (PS3)

nAay7II.png

Enjoyment: 10/10

Difficulty: 0/10

This game... I almost avoided this game because I didn't like the TV series at all. I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Gravity Rush

zCnDkUq.png

Got this game free from PS+. It was fun and unique. Hopefully a sequel comes out soon. If one does come out, it probably won't be on the Vita though. (Damn it, Sony)

Virtue's Last Reward

txqAZkB.png

Another free game from PS+. Also my 1st Visual Novel, and formerly my favorite. I'm really excited for the 3rd game in the series.

LEGO Chima

oAlB38H.png

I can't really remember anything about this game. I just remember that my brother bought it.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)

9cENcdd.png

Enjoyment: 7/10

Yeah... I shouldn't get LEGO games on vita considering they're just 3ds ports. Still found it fun, but it's disappointing that Traveller's Tales doesn't take advantage of the Vita's potential.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Vita)

s1isBtO.png

Difficulty: 4/10

This plat took me so much longer than it should have, since I broke my arm shortly after buying the game. Probably my favorite in the series.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

s1isBtO.png

Hooray for cross-save! I actually did a few trophies on the PS3 version though.

Sleeping Dogs

sNtmbtg.png

I got this game JUST CAUSE I could get a Rico Rodriguez costume from my Just Cause 2 save. ^_^ I'm really glad I did. This was a beautiful open-world game, and it sucks that a sequel hasn't been made yet.

The Walking Dead (Vita)

nAay7II.png

It was on sale, so I figured why not?

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

1ItlbbA.png

This game was a good idea, just not executed well. Some of the character choices were just plain weird.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

2x2wv5D.png

My only Arkham plat to date. I'm planning on fixing that soon. Ironically, this is my least favorite in the series.

2014 - 5 Plats

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

dubAJ45.png

This game is what Skyrim should have been. I actually became interested in this game because i found out about it shortly after platting Skyrim... and I forgot about it until the re-release was announced... and I forgot to get the re-release until it was free on PS+... This game was my favorite RPG of all time until just last December. (More about this later ^_^)

Sidenote: That platinum image is my favorite so far.

inFAMOUS: Second Son

c0ECEhx.png

My first PS4 plat. Also the reason I bought a PS4. Beautiful graphics, some of my favorite English voice actors, fun gameplay. I really wish it was a little bit longer though.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

PcWou1w.png

I remember having trouble playing the songs on Normal. This game is my favorite rhythm game so far, although Persona 4: Dancing All Night might dethrone it soon. (In case it wasn't obvious, I'm a massive Persona fan) It did.

inFAMOUS: First Light

MyiAMl6.png

Can I just say that I want that battle arena mode in every inFAMOUS game?

LEGO Marvel Superheroes

RpLM96M.png

First LEGO game on PS4. I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan, but I can't deny that this game was great. Nolan North as Deadpool was a plus.

2015 - 24 Plats

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

alJUgHL.png

I got this game because... uh reasons... Definitely not because of the fanservice, I swear! Anyway, this game was surprisingly fun. (And no, not because of the fanservice.)

Saints Row IV: Re-elected

3sYEqcz.png

This was good, crazy fun. It reminded me of the inFAMOUS games. I had a hard time deciding on which voice to use for the Boss because, well Troy Baker, Nolan North or Laura Bailey? Hard to pick.

Final Fantasy: Type-0

jcCSbcx.png

Enjoyment: 4/10

This game... I just... How. It had a bad English dub, so I switched it to Japanese Audio almost immediately... I felt that there were too many party members with not enough differentiation, the time management mechanic fell apart near the end, the airship came in too late, really this game just had a lot of potential but Square Enix decided to waste it. Also, it has Machina. MACHINA. Worst character ever. Really, this game made me lose faith in Square Enix.

Persona 4 Golden

7dBUcJT.png

Best. RPG. Ever. One of my friends had been bugging me to get it for several months. He was always saying that I need to own it, since I own a Vita, that it was the greatest JRPG ever, etc. I should have listened to him earlier. I was actually determined to hate the game from the start, just to prove my friend wrong. I. Just. Couldn't. Hate. This. Game. Right after finishing my second playthrough, I went out and bought Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and evetually got Persona 3 Portable on sale a few weeks later. Then I bought a 2DS just for Persona Q. Then I got both Persona 2 games. This game is a masterpiece, period.

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!

pbUphky.png

Didn'tgetitformorefanservice, okay? It's an okay rhythm game, but it just doesn't have enough songs.

Conception II

UOSBzx6.png

It's a Persona clone... That ATLUS published... so I tried it out... It's alright, though I got bored near the end.

Ni no Kuni

Fnp7EO8.png

Beautiful game. I actually gave up on this plat before, since I couldn't get some required rare materials after grinding for 2 hours. I decided to give it another shot... and found out that I farmed the wrong materials. Eventually, I got all the materials I needed after about 2 more hours of grinding. Once I finished all the Errands, the plat was finally within reach.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

AY56B8J.png

Really good fighter. Never thought I could plat this simply because of the online trophies, but I managed. Even ended the grind for 100 online matches with a win ratio that wasn't 0%, surprisingly. :P

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

9GvjALj.png

I found the early game a little too hard because of the large number of uruk spawning. After I got back to this game and advanced the story to get the branding skill, though, it became way too easy.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

sNtmbtg.png

Alright, who's the wise guy who decided to make a certain motorcycle race required for the plat?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

b4CzxcT.png

The money grinding trophy was a little unnecessary, but I enjoyed this game a lot. My sides were ready to burst.

Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell

YUJ5ciU.png

Less fun compared to Saints Row IV, and more grindy. Gave up on this game for a while because of that co-op trophy.

Persona 4: The Golden

7dBUcJT.png

I wanted to test my skills in Japanese, and what better way than by playing my favorite JRPG of all time once more? I actually understood a lot more than I expected, and found a few differences from the localized version too. I got really lucky with Hardcore Risette Fan in this version, making the plat even easier than before. Well, aside from the fact that I had no idea what some of the moves were... I can't read kanji that much. kanji-tatsumi-tanktop.jpg

"You sayin' I like dudes?!"

Random trivia: The only character I could understand completely was Nanako. And I still had to look up some of the words she said. My vocabulary is worse than a 6-7 year old.

Freedom Wars

ELwO7KT.png

The character creation in this game is really sweet! Combine that with all those slots for characters, and you've got several hours of gametime trying to recreate characters from anime, video games, movies, etc. I only decided to go after the plat after getting my sentence below 500,000 years. I found this game hard before I took that long break. ^_^

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

gTQFxms.png

This was my favorite visual novel... for a grand total of 4 days. It's basically Persona + Zero Escape + Ace Attorney. I loved all the shout-outs, and

Junko

is a damned good villain. I wish I could have played using the English dub, but I can't stand the voice of Makoto Naegi in English.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

ns0VNgl.png

My new favorite Visual Novel. I like the story better than Danganronpa 1, but I found the characters less interesting.

Rocket League

0159FzY.png

This game is just completely stupid fun. I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

The Walking Dead (PS4)

nAay7II.png

It was on sale, along with Season 2 (Which I hadn't played at that time) so I figured why not?

The LEGO Movie

8I7OHNn.png

Difficulty: 1/10

The shortest LEGO game I've played. I loved the movie, and I like how there were several jokes added in the game! ^_^

Sound Shapes (Vita)

cEUV08C.png

Difficulty: 7/10

Really, death mode was poorly designed. I've had several good runs ruined by note placements. It's a shame since death mode is something that could have been fun.

Sound Shapes (PS3)

cEUV08C.png

Thank God I didn't have to go through death mode again.

Sound Shapes (PS4)

cEUV08C.png

See above.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night

1L39f9d4.png

This game is great! (Though I may be a little biased) I really enjoyed playing through the story mode and free dance. Hard mode takes some getting used to though, and I can't even complete a single song on All Night. My one complaint is that the entire setlist isn't unlocked from the start, meaning I couldn't play as Chie immediately. I was slightly disappointed that Laura Bailey couldn't reprise her role as Rise, but Ashly Burch did a good job as a replacement.

J-Stars Victory VS+

1Le05dec.png

Grindy and repetitive, especailly Victory Road and the J-Adventure mode. It's also extremely unbalanced.

Plats I'm aiming for:
Catherine
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Batman: Arkham Knight

Games I will be getting soon
- Disgaea 4
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd

Unreleased Games
- Persona 5 -

Edited by jantrick2
  • Like 4

I decided to start my own trophy checklist since I'm about to hit 50 plats soon. (Persona 4 Dancing All Night will be my 50th plat. I'm just waiting for the English version to release. ^_^)

I enjoy playing RPGs (specifically JPRGs), open world games, platformers, rhythm games, third person shooters, etc.

So... I'm just gonna list all my plats by year.

Plats I'm aiming for:

Catherine

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

God Eater 2

Batman: Arkham Knight

Final Fantasy X HD

Final Fantasy X-2 HD

Disgaea 3

Games I will be getting soon

- Steins;Gate

- Disgaea 4

- Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd

Unreleased Games

- Persona 4 Dancing All Night -

- Persona 5 -

Great checklist! Still haven't gotten the 'Hardcore Risette Fan' trophy in Persona 4 Golden myself. Already did 2 playthroughs and I just couldn't get it  -_- . Any tips  :D

Great checklist! Still haven't gotten the 'Hardcore Risette Fan' trophy in Persona 4 Golden myself. Already did 2 playthroughs and I just couldn't get it  -_- . Any tips  :D

Use a custom difficulty so you get less XP. Also make sure that damage received is set to low.

Keep your level as low as possible until you save Rise. Exploit weaknesses, get status ailments, rotate party members.

If you still don't have it by January in-game, make sure you get Teddie's 3rd Persona in January and make him learn Kamui Miracle. Now go to a dungeon and start spamming it.

• Like 1

Nice collection and it's great to see another (J)RPG lover :highfive:. Definitely agree with Persona 4 Golden being a masterpiece. If you're looking for more amazing (J)RPGs, I recommend:

• Dark Souls
  • Demon Gaze
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Final Fantasy XIII-3 Lightning Returns
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix