Any Tech Savvy people to help me out?

ShadowGandalf

Recently, my PC broke down... I could look up a fix, but it's a good excuse to get me a new computer. What I mainly want, ... my main criteria, is that it must be able to run Flight Simulator X at highest or fairly high graphics.

I'm looking at one on ukgamingcomputers, but would like advice, because really, i look at those specs and almost go cross-eyed with confusion. (my budget is no more than 500 pounds).

This is the one i'm looking at:

The Chimera is a excellent PC for gamers on a budget that want the flexibility of upgrading either now or later down the line. Like all our i3 based computers the Chimera features an Intel i3 2100 processor running at a healthy 3.1Ghz per core on the popular Asus P8H61-M LE Motherboard. Graphics are handled by the great value Nvidia GTX 550 1GB graphics card and is backed up with 4GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM. 500GB of Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive space finishes off the spec nicely.

The Chimera is housed in the feature packed Xigmatek Midgard case and powered by a reliable Corsair CX 500W Power Supply.

Processing 7/10

Gaming 6/10

Value 9/10

Upgradeability 9/10

Cooling 8/10

High spec case & power supply

Fully Branded Award Winning Components

Second Generation Core i3 CPU

Highly Upgradeable

Future Proof

3 Year Warranty Standard Configuration

Xigmatek Asgard Gaming Case

Corsair CX 500W PSU

Intel Core i3 2100 3.1GHz Processor

ASUS P8H61-M LE Motherboard

4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz/PC12800 RAM

Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card

Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATAIII 7200rpm Hard Drive

High speed DVD and CD Rewriter

7.1 Surround Sound Audio

2 Front and 6 Rear USB Ports

Gigabit Ethernet

Windows 7 ready

(direct link http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/chimera-i3-gaming-pc-p-143.html ... )

So, would this do? Know anything better/cheaper? Remember, I don't want to spend more than 500 pounds.

That looks like it should work for you (no promises, but I am 95% confident). If you have the money though, AlienWare is awesome for gaming. :P

Alienware's are overrated. I got the EXACT same specs on my HP and it costed me a half of what an Alienware would have (well Alienware's have a special cooling system, but that should cost $1k :P). Now I'm trashing them because the lights and everything look soooo awesome, I'm just saying if you're on a budget they aren't the best place to look either.

• Like 2

Alienware's are overrated. I got the EXACT same specs on my HP and it costed me a half of what an Alienware would have (well Alienware's have a special cooling system, but that should cost $1k :P). Now I'm trashing them because the lights and everything look soooo awesome, I'm just saying if you're on a budget they aren't the best place to look either.

Lol, that is why I said if you have the money. They just look frickin' awesome, sleek and sexy. I could just stare at one all day! :lol:

Lol, that is why I said if you have the money. They just look frickin' awesome, sleek and sexy. I could just stare at one all day! :lol:

I know what you mean. I'd love to have one but there's no way in hell I'm shelling out $5,000+ for a desktop computer, that's a new car :blink:

I know what you mean. I'd love to have one but there's no way in hell I'm shelling out $5,000+ for a desktop computer, that's a new car :blink:

Agreed, I have way more important things to spend my money on, and I already will be buying a Vita anyday now anyway, not to mention saving for my future and continuing to buy college books. Still though if I had the money I would buy an AlienWare. :D lol