Finally got the Platinum!

I finally got the Platinum on this last night. It took me quite some time to mop up the Bounties (which are a major pain in the butt) and the 200 kills for the GAU-19, but I got there eventually.

That left me with just a 'Crushing' play-through to complete, which was a lot quicker and easier having got all the other trophies out of the way - and I completed it at around 11:15 last night.

I have to say that collecting those Bounties is the only part of any Uncharted game that I have not enjoyed. I don't mind if a trophy is tough because it requires some skill, even if I'm not good enough at the game to get it. But when they are just a chore and/or rely on blind luck, it just gets on my nerves. Naughty Dog's Uncharted games have had no such trophies, and this is the one area where Bend have (ever so slightly) let the franchise down. Other than that, it's a very worthy addition to the series.

Incidentally, the original Uncharted was my first Platinum trophy on PS3. Golden Abyss is my first Platinum on Vita, and my 20th Platinum over all. Which means that Uncharted Platinums currently make up one fifth of my total! :D I do love my Uncharted games. Can't wait for The Last of Us.

• Like 1

I agree that the bounties where a pain in the ass, but I think they where only added to get users to use the Near function of the Vita. Kinda like in Uncharted DF you have to use the six axxis to aim grenades. Its a gimmick and hopefully wont return if there is to be a second Vita Uncharted game. I actually like the touch controls and how they let you use them or not. (although I hated the manditory touch screen boss fights)

EDIT: Ohhh and congrats on your new plat

Edited by Oscar
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I plan on getting this on PS+ when I get through Gravity Rush and Playstation All Stars (again). Now I'm dreading the bounties, the way you speak of them. I'm sure it'll be another great game though!

EDIT: Got the platinum in 3 weeks. Nice game.

Edited by lumphy101

The bounty trophies are not really that hard, you just have to farm the crap out of them and they're not that rare.

The hardest thing about this game are the QTEs against the two main bosses (won't spoil who they are). The touch screen function for those parts is so broken.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first playthrough on hard, and found those 2 annoying as hell. The boss fights wrecked me so badly. Not looking forward to it in Crushing mode. Right now I'm cleaning up treasures and misc. combat trophies. Then after Crushing if I don't have all the bounties I'll get those and BOOM! Platinum.

• 1 month later...

Guys, guys...

The bounties are not that hard, i will give you the example, i missed 2 (trophies) of them after my 3 playtroughts, 3???? yes, 3.

One in hard, one in crushing, one to complete all the treasures and stuff, and after that yes the bounties and kills...

the most anointing was the GAU kills... 200? is the most craziest thing ever... after that i was trying the first bounty trophy, i need to play chapter 2 or 3, i search and seems that chapter 2, after found Chase is the easiest way, just kill them all, don't talk to Chase, retry checkpoint, again and again, i think some 8 times is enought...

Tlim "New Trophy"