Top Floor trophy (easier way)

ibebrett

So while I give my left thumb a rest, I figured I would give everyone a little tip on getting to level 50 faster..

If you simply don't install the patch, you will level up significantly faster, just in case anybody wanted to get this trophy out of the way.. this is currently one of the last trophies i'm working toward & it is quite a grind with the patch installed (switching between characters, doing the same missions over & over again).. I messed up and installed the patch at level 30, and got knocked down to level 21..

FYI- I tried deleting the patch, and my save file was incompatible, so if you already have it installed, I'm sorry :(

I played for a while with it before the patch got installed (it only came out earlier today here for some reason) and I was level 30 something after just breezing through most of the objectives in the game.

Interestingly though, at some point it stopped the level up progress animation. Like, it would normally have a bar saying how far you were toward a level up, but mine just kept saying level up over and over at the end of each run. It would still chart my progress, as I'd actually level up every 5 or 6 runs (the level numbers were still on the end of the bar) but yeah. No idea if that's been fixed with the patch either.

Sorry if this angers anyone cause this is off topic but I am a old school THPS fan. I loved the first one and played it all the way to Underground for gamecube. Underground was the last one i played and i seen some reviews where people say this game is glitchy and broken all to hell but some say its not that bad. That being said i only have two questions.

1. How bad is the glitchiness
2. Is Bam Margera playable?

Yeah mine was doing that pre-patch as well lol!

Yes, installing the patch will fix it so you can actually see the bar progress.. that seems to be the only noticeable 'fix' in that 7.5gb patch haha

And the 8th level. The Mountain level wasn't there for me before the patch.

Sorry if this angers anyone cause this is off topic but I am a old school THPS fan. I loved the first one and played it all the way to Underground for gamecube. Underground was the last one i played and i seen some reviews where people say this game is glitchy and broken all to hell but some say its not that bad. That being said i only have two questions.

1. How bad is the glitchiness

2. Is Bam Margera playable?

1. The glitches aren't too bad, at least in my experience, and I beat every single goal in 2 sittings (there was a pause for a couple hours because work) ... however multiplayer straight up does not work. I get a black screen for 2 minutes when I try to play someone's level, and I can't start a game at all if I'm signed into the PSN (playing offline or not) because it tries to put me in with other people.

2. Bam is not even in the game. Personally, I don't miss him, I was fine with his role in the Tony Hawk games until Underground 2 became an episode of Jackass. Don't get me wrong, I love Bam, well I don't love him, but I like him, and I love Jackass, and I have the Jackass game, but Jackass and the Hawkman shouldn't mix, at least not in a game, because that bit in the first movie when they wore fat suits and went skating makes me fucking lose it every time, I love it.

(in short, Bam is not in the game)

Now that I'm done with replying, here's my post

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS, EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS THREAD!!!

I checked my level post update and I'd dropped 9 levels down to 27 (now 28) and leveling up is way slow now. Sure, this is probably the way they wanted, and it's not too bad really, but if you're after that trophy quickly, play without the patch, gameplay wise nothing new is added from it.

• Like 2

Yeah, I forgot about the Mountain level.. I also forgot about Lil Wayne, I think he was added w the patch too lol

That would explain why he wasn't in the game for me day one. I knew he was in it but thought they were going to lock him away like Officer Dick and Jango Fett in the past, you know, by making you do cool shit to unlock cool secret skaters. Patching him in feels just as satisfying, totally.

In other news, there's no trophy for playing with Lil Wayne, so I have no desire to play as Lil Wayne. 

I'm glad Mountain came in with a patch though, since I don't have to sick score everything on it for a trophy. I mean, I sick scored everything anyway, but I didn't feel the need to, which made it much more enjoyable.

I'm glad Mountain came in with a patch though, since I don't have to sick score everything on it for a trophy. I mean, I sick scored everything anyway, but I didn't feel the need to, which made it much more enjoyable.

Yeah, I really liked the Mountain.. I used it to finish up grinding for my manual trophy.. I just picked up that ice powerup to allow you to manual faster with 'ice manual'.. haha.. the powerups in this game were a silly feature IMO.. they never explained anything about them either dammit!

Yeah, I really liked the Mountain.. I used it to finish up grinding for my manual trophy.. I just picked up that ice powerup to allow you to manual faster with 'ice manual'.. haha.. the powerups in this game were a silly feature IMO.. they never explained anything about them either dammit!

Oh yeah, Mountain is great for the manual trophy.

While I'm on here though, I've got to ask, how have you been ranking up? I've been playing completely offline and doing a bunch of pro goals and still get barely any level up points. I've heard the rank sticks with the player, so if I start a new career as a new guy I'm back at level one but maybe this isn't true? I don't know, anyway, rank 50 is gonna take me a while at this rate.

Oh yeah, Mountain is great for the manual trophy.

While I'm on here though, I've got to ask, how have you been ranking up? I've been playing completely offline and doing a bunch of pro goals and still get barely any level up points. I've heard the rank sticks with the player, so if I start a new career as a new guy I'm back at level one but maybe this isn't true? I don't know, anyway, rank 50 is gonna take me a while at this rate.

Sorry, a little late on the reply...

What I did was kept switching between every skater & I would get 3 stars in the Berrics (250xp for getting 3 stars on ANY mission/ANY level).. and then I cycled thru each skater getting 3 stars on the 2nd level, was it the School III? (Lol, 12 hours and I've already forgotten) but then on the 3rd level, I only had to get 3 stars in all missions for about 8 or 9 of the skaters until I hit 50.. towards the end there were a few random missions that gave me325xp.. it was random tho and I have no idea why they would ever give you 20% more xp on the final 2 or 3 missions prior to reaching level 50, but whatever haha..

So in short.. keep switching skaters & doing the easiest missions.. also upgrade stats as you get them of course :)

Edit:Lastly, the pro missions still only give 250xp.. so I didn't bother doing them.. other than the beach ball mission on the 2nd level.. was it the beach? Yes, that's what it was! Haha.. ok I need to go to bed

Edited by ibebrett
  • Like 1

Sorry, a little late on the reply...

What I did was kept switching between every skater & I would get 3 stars in the Berrics (250xp for getting 3 stars on ANY mission/ANY level).. and then I cycled thru each skater getting 3 stars on the 2nd level, was it the School III? (Lol, 12 hours and I've already forgotten) but then on the 3rd level, I only had to get 3 stars in all missions for about 8 or 9 of the skaters until I hit 50.. towards the end there were a few random missions that gave me325xp.. it was random tho and I have no idea why they would ever give you 20% more xp on the final 2 or 3 missions prior to reaching level 50, but whatever haha..

So in short.. keep switching skaters & doing the easiest missions.. also upgrade stats as you get them of course :)

Edit:Lastly, the pro missions still only give 250xp.. so I didn't bother doing them.. other than the beach ball mission on the 2nd level.. was it the beach? Yes, that's what it was! Haha.. ok I need to go to bed

Thanks for that, I guess the patch makes the skater's level stay the same between skaters, I can't wait to start again tonight as a different skater, I was going to replay it a few times at least anyways, but I thought I'd be stuck grinding for level 50 as Tony Hawk.