Speed run tip

Thought I'd share this tip that's been mentioned in some of the video guides on YouTube: If you die/seriously screw up platforming you can quit to menu and resume and it will pick up at the checkpoint and you won't have lost any time. If you die or otherwise reload a checkpoint the timer will continue.

It's also worth noting that even though I've seen comments that say the Doughnut Drake (Fat and the Furious) speedrun has to be done in one continuous run (ie, don't quit the UC or shut down PS4) you can actually stop and start as many times as you like as long as when you re-enter the game you immediately switch skins before doing anything else.

• Like 1

Thought I'd share this tip that's been mentioned in some of the video guides on YouTube: If you die/seriously screw up platforming you can quit to menu and resume and it will pick up at the checkpoint and you won't have lost any time. If you die or otherwise reload a checkpoint the timer will continue.

good to know! 

this works in many games exactly this way, so it's not really surprising. also true for many games where you mustn't die or something.

i guess it's meant to enable you to actually pause your run by quitting the game. deliberately reloading the checkpoint is a whole other story of course ;)

Whatever you do don't quit on the Jet Ski levels as you can't re-equip the doughnut drake skin. Having to repeat the entire run now

On easy, as long as you blindfire the entire time, your biggest issue with the jetski level will be how horrifically the jetski handles. I hate that level lol. Feel for you, having to restart the run cause of that.

On easy, as long as you blindfire the entire time, your biggest issue with the jetski level will be how horrifically the jetski handles. I hate that level lol. Feel for you, having to restart the run cause of that.

Cheers it really does kinda suck but have learned my lesson, I should prioritise videogames over exam study.