Problem with PSN password. Need any help or advice.

youthCAT1590

Ok, so, I think i may have screwed up. About a month or so ago I changed my password just to update it for security, and today I was going to make an account on my buddy's PS4 (don't have a PS4 myself, yet) so I could play The Uncharted collection and use my same PSN I have on PS3. So i enter my email that was used to create this PSN over like 4 years ago and then enter the new password i made but it says it's invalid. So I come home and enter this same password into my PS3 account but stupidly forgot that if you erase the password that is saved into the login screen you have to enter it again manually even if you restart the PS3. It said this new password I made was wrong on the PS3 also so apparently my password was something else which is weird because I specifically remember changing my password to this new one. I wrote it down on paper right after I made it and I do not recall changing the password again to something else so idk what happened.

So in this instance what I would need to do is click forgot password and send a notice to my email for my account. Problem is, the email i used to sign into my PSN is no longer in use. I deleted it a while back, so there's no way I can reset my password. I guess when I deleted that old email and made a new one I didn't think about updating my email for my PSN first. Just wasn't thinking.  Now I fear I'm screwed and won't be able to get back into my account.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on something I can do? Any help is appreciated. The only thing I can think of is to contact sony but will I be able to confirm it's my account if I just give them my address and stuff? I'd rather not go through the hassle of contacting sony but obviously if it's the only option then I will.

Just hoping someone knows something else I can do to solve this problem though.

When you used your real name , and real adress , than sony can reset your password , but you have to contact sony first and im pretty sure you have to send sony some proof .  something that confirms adress and name . But they will explain you that in more detail.

I guess when I deleted that old email and made a new one I didn't think about updating my email for my PSN first. Just wasn't thinking.  Now I fear I'm screwed and won't be able to get back into my account.

Can you even change the email on your PSN account? Not sure if that's possible...

Like everyone said, your best bet is to contact Sony's Customer Support and explain your situation, make sure you know your account details.

Good luck sir ;)

Edited by PedrOYX

When you used your real name , and real adress , than sony can reset your password , but you have to contact sony first and im pretty sure you have to send sony some proof .  something that confirms adress and name . But they will explain you that in more detail.

When I needed help with some network problems I was having I called Sony and they had me confirm my name and address. As the guy was talking he did a stop and was like "do you really live at 123 Fake Street" to which I responded "yes" and then he asked for my name and I told him "Sum Gui" to which he started laughing.

• Like 2

Contact customer support and they will help you, providing your account details is all legit? I made an account (my main account at the time) I didn't bother writing in my details because i simply couldn't of been arsed and when i  lost that account it was gone forever since all the details weren't correct. Thus EternalChaos72 was born. :P 

Contact customer support and they will help you, providing your account details is all legit? I made an account (my main account at the time) I didn't bother writing in my details because i simply couldn't of been arsed and when i  lost that account it was gone forever since all the details weren't correct. Thus EternalChaos72 was born. :P

Yup, all legit. Stupid live chat on their site isn't working so I guess I'll have to call. Ugh. lol.

• Like 1

Yes you can. You can change everything but the date of birth. If it's fake, and you don't remember it, say goodbye to the account.

I almost lost access to the EA support on Origin because i couldn't remember the secret answer, which apparently i set up several ages ago. Hopefully i eventually remembered it.

You can. I may be remembering wrong, and it may have changed, but I think you may be able to change date of birth and not gender. :P

Wasn't sure, good to know ;)

Ok, so I got into the live chat with a customer support rep and it went a lot smoother than I thought it would. Just needed to give them my account email,  name, PSN id and serial number off the back of the PS3 and an available email not associated with PSN and they sent two emails. One is a password reset link and one is a survey. I got the survey one but not the reset link one so that's a little frustrating but the rep assured me it will show up within 24 hours so I'll just wait it out and hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Relieved that this looks like it will be sorted out, now.

Edited by youthCAT1590
  • Like 1