dmland12's Land of Platinums

dmland12

I hoped for a little description on how your experience was, with each game. But I enjoy this simpler setup as well. 15 respectable plats, and I see you're getting close to beating Dragon Age: Inquisition and Guacamelee: STCE as well ^_^

Thanks! Guacamelee will probably be my next plat. As for DA:I, I "only" need to complete a game on Nightmare (making sure I pick up a few other trophies as well), though of course that will take plenty of hours. :P I do want to get around to that sometime before the end of the year.

Only 850trophies but almost double of my ultra rare :o that's amazing! I hope that you keep going like this! I'll sure follow this trophy checklist!

Thanks! I enjoy going after challenging trophies, so I'll see what I can do. ;)

Awesome list so far! 

Was TloU difficult to platinum btw? I want to start it but i fear that the multiplayer (for the journeys trophies) might be dead..

Thanks! TLOU wasn't that tough to plat, but was time consuming (especially the MP). Survivor difficulty isn't that bad if you know the areas and are familiar with the game. The main difference I noticed is that supplies are scarce, but at the same time you'll be gifted health kits and extra ammo drops if you're low, so not really that difficult. The multiplayer was a grind, but the MP trophies were pretty easy otherwise, and it was enjoyable. Then there's some collectibles trophies, but there's always walkthroughs or youtube if you don't like hunting for them.

I didn't have any trouble finding matches back in May when I was playing the MP, but can't really tell you how it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

Update -- Added another plat (Guacamelee) and my trophy checklist goals for November. It's a big list of the trophies I'm aiming to get in the next month.

Basically, I'm aiming for:

(1) finishing the Armello platinum (just need one annoying trophy)

(2) getting the platinum for Surgeon Simulator

(3) getting the platinum and 100% for The Evil Within

It's ambitious and more likely I'll just get the Armello plat plus a plat for either Surgeon Simulator or The Evil Within next month, while making some progress at the other game, but we'll see what happens.

Update -- Added another plat (Guacamelee) and my trophy checklist goals for November. It's a big list of the trophies I'm aiming to get in the next month.

Basically, I'm aiming for:

(1) finishing the Armello platinum (just need one annoying trophy)

(2) getting the platinum for Surgeon Simulator

(3) getting the platinum and 100% for The Evil Within

It's ambitious and more likely I'll just get the Armello plat plus a plat for either Surgeon Simulator or The Evil Within next month, while making some progress at the other game, but we'll see what happens.

Surgeon Simulator is going to frustrate you a lot  Dmland. So be prepared for that, when you start the game. It's potentially going to take hours and hours of practice and really close calls to achieve all the various surgery trophies. Best advice I can give, is as follows.

1. Don't lose the green needle...or the organs: You need it to stop/slow the blood loss of Bob (The Patient). This can be quite easy to do, during the ambulance, space and corridor surgeries, due to all the movement and the floaty lack of gravity in Space surgeries. I lost count of the number of times, the green needle or a kidney floated away in space.

2. Dental Surgery Tips: When doing Dental Surgeries, the rotten teeth will frequently change position in the mouth. Don't hesitate to reset the surgery if you find the rotten teeth scattered around the mouth. Reset until they're all in one spot/close together.Use the dental hammer, it's a tiny little hammer you use in the surgery. Also use the tweezers to lift the new teeth into Bob's mouth.

3. Experiment with your tools: Some scalpels/blunt objects can perform tasks bettert han others. Experiment with them, to find the best tools for the job.

4. Video guides are your friend: Don't feel bad if you need to look up a guide. Surgeon Simulator IS a tricky game to play and beat.

5. Poke the eyes: During eye transplants, when placing news eyes in, use a sharp onjects to stab the new eyes. It's easier to put in the new eyes this way, similar to how you put in new teeth in Dental surgeries.

• Like 1

Surgeon Simulator is going to frustrate you a lot  Dmland. So be prepared for that, when you start the game. It's potentially going to take hours and hours of practice and really close calls to achieve all the various surgery trophies. Best advice I can give, is as follows.

1. Don't lose the green needle...or the organs: You need it to stop/slow the blood loss of Bob (The Patient). This can be quite easy to do, during the ambulance, space and corridor surgeries, due to all the movement and the floaty lack of gravity in Space surgeries. I lost count of the number of times, the green needle or a kidney floated away in space.

2. Dental Surgery Tips: When doing Dental Surgeries, the rotten teeth will frequently change position in the mouth. Don't hesitate to reset the surgery if you find the rotten teeth scattered around the mouth. Reset until they're all in one spot/close together.Use the dental hammer, it's a tiny little hammer you use in the surgery. Also use the tweezers to lift the new teeth into Bob's mouth.

3. Experiment with your tools: Some scalpels/blunt objects can perform tasks bettert han others. Experiment with them, to find the best tools for the job.

4. Video guides are your friend: Don't feel bad if you need to look up a guide. Surgeon Simulator IS a tricky game to play and beat.

5. Poke the eyes: During eye transplants, when placing news eyes in, use a sharp onjects to stab the new eyes. It's easier to put in the new eyes this way, similar to how you put in new teeth in Dental surgeries.

Thanks for the tips. I'm expecting Surgeon Simulator to be frustrating. I'll just have to fail my way to victory on that one. :P

Or at least try to... :|

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of failing my way to victory, I finished up The Evil Within platinum and added it to the list. 572 deaths on Akumu difficulty. :P

I did manage to make it to #39 on the fastest achievers list though. And the game was very enjoyable even with all the dying.

I started up Surgeon Simulator last night, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to plat it before the month's over. Still, I'll see how much progress I can make. :)

Just finished up Surgeon Simulator and added it to the list (plat #18). Technically, I got the plat on Dec 1st at 1:41 AM local time. But, I'm still going to count it towards my November goal, since it was really that close. The game had it's frustrating moments for sure, mainly on the eye surgeries. On the others I felt like I figured out a good system and could get consistent results, but the eye surgeries just had a lot more randomness for me. Sometimes everything would go well, but a lot of times it didn't. ;)

I made the fastest achievers list again too. #22 this time.

I'll figure out my goals for December tomorrow. I'm off to bed, where I hope I won't have any dreams about eye surgeries. :P

OK, I've decided on my goals for December. The full list is in the first post, but it basically comes down to this:

(1) Pick up that last Armello trophy & plat that I've been putting off. It's kind of annoying and random, but not really diffcult otherwise.

(2) Start and complete Broken Age, which is part of my PS+ backlog. It doesn't look like this should take very long.

(3) Pick up the trophies that I can from Madden NFL 15. There's two that are glitching on me. Easy ones too. So no plat unless there's a fix from EA.

(4) Finish up MLB 15 the Show.

(5) Start and complete Pier Solar and the Great Architects. I picked this up on sale a while ago, but haven't gotten around to it. Now's a good time.

(6) Finish up The Last of Us Remastered. I have the plat, but just need to do Grounded mode on the main game and Survivor mode on the Left Behind DLC. Shouldn't be too bad.

So, cleaning up some trophies on four games that I've played before and finishing two that I haven't played yet. There may not be time for all of that, but I'll see how big of a dent I can put into this list. :)

Congrats on Surgeon Simulator and the very nice checklist, and good luck on your December checklist (especially Pier Solar)!

Thanks! Pier Solar is the big wildcard for me this month. On the one hand I've heard people say they didn't think it was too difficult, but on the other hand it's platinum rarity is <1%. Also I'm not sure how much time it's going to take. We'll see. :P