TV has no headphone slots

Tomoko Kuroki

I want to use headphones on my tv while playing some fighting games on ps3 or ps4. But there's not slots for headphones, only hdmi's. I know I can put the headphones on my ps4 controller, but what if I'm using an arcade stick? I tried turning the controller on aswell but the sound doesn't work because its another user.

Yeah you're kinda shit outta luck, best bet is to get bluetooth headphones and connect them that way. :/

Edited by Boooda

You could get something like this (link is just an example. you'll likely need to find a different size). I couldn't guarantee it would work with the ps4, but it likely will. You'd plug the usb into the ps4 directly instead of into the tv. The other option would be to buy a bluetooth headset or a usb headset.

And you've edited it since I responded with this :P now my response is meaningless

Edited by Jibril

Are you sure the port is meant for headphones?

Also, if this is for use with PS3 or PS4, then Sony usually add their own port on the console for sound called S/PDIF. It is meant to be connected to amps though, but you can connect your headphones to the amp if you got one with S/PDIF.

I don't think the following will work, but you may be able to use HDMI for video while using the component for audio, which should be easier to use with headphones, only requiring a little "item" to connect the two. In worst case, you could use the component video out too, but that's no option for PS4, because it has no component out.

Edited by MMDE