Does PSNProfiles have a folding@home team?

JMadFour

i did before but my ps3 build too much heat in the it is in if it's on all day long. so i stopped.

I have mine set to turn off automatically after it completes a work unit.

What exactly does this do?

from Wikipedia:

Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a distributed computing project for simulation of protein folding, computational drug design, and other molecular dynamics for disease research.[6] It primarily attempts to determine how proteins reach their final three-dimensional structure, which is of significant academic interest and has major implications for research into Alzheimer's disease,Huntington's disease, and many forms of cancer, among other diseases. To a certain extent, Folding@home also tries to predictthat final structure and to determine how other molecules may interact with it, which has applications in drug design.[7][8]Folding@home is developed and operated by the Pande laboratory at Stanford University, under the leadership of Vijay Pande, and is shared by various scientific institutions and research laboratories across the world in a collaboration known as the Folding@home Consortium.[1]

Folding@home is powered by the idle processing resources of thousands of volunteered personal computers and PlayStation 3s. As part of the project's client-server architecture, these systems receive simulation Work Units, complete them, and return them todatabase servers where they are compiled into an overall simulation. Volunteers can track their contributions on the Folding@home website, which can make participation competitive and encourages long-term involvement. The project has pioneered the uses of GPUs, PlayStation 3s, and Message Passing Interface (used for computing on multi-core processors) for distributed computing and scientific research. This large-scale computing network has allowed Folding@home to simulate protein folding at timescales thousands of times longer than previously achieved.

Edited by JMadFour

Its uses your ps3's processing power when you are running folding@home to crunch data/numbers for research into medicine at stanford university!

This may not be entirely accurate because I heard about and used it a lonngg time ago but its basically what it does....