Successful Meat Boy/Bandage Girl techniques wanted...

Firstly got to say i LOVE this game so much

I'm playing on the Vita with the most recent patch.

I've done what i would consider the hardest stuff with all the Lost bosses on hard and wondered if anyone has some tips for the current patch for getting meatboy and bandage girl unlocked.

Must be 5 times i have gotten stage 3 only for Conquest/Mr Fred to ruin it in the Womb - using the book of revelations technique.

Simple question, but anyone who has done this on the current patch i would welcome some tips!

Would be annoyed if luck stops me getting this plat

thanks

I just restarted as Isaac until the first item room had Pyromaniac. Then went in every shop and rerolled them until I could buy Sharp Plug (Can bomb coin machine for money) then you just need an explosive item like Dr. Fetus/Ipecec. So keep rerolling item rooms until one of those or Monster Manual shows up. If you get an explosive item just keep rerolling until you get Monster Manual and then keep using that until they appear. If you get Monster Manual first then you need to hope there's explosive enemies on the floor you can heal off and a way to make another pedestal such as Deck Of Cards. 

It sounds quite complicated but it's not too hard to setup and if you can grab Deck of Cards too then you can use this technique to get all your missing items, especially secret room items.

• Like 1

Baltipie I think my method is more straightforward to adreaders. I don't think http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/ immediately tells you this, but while your seed will define what boss will spawn, their drops are only rolled from their respective item pool on spawn - when the chapter loads.

Thus what you can do is farm chapter 1 until you get a Book of Revelations, use it, and see which drop the first Harbinger gave you. This will now define whether it's the Meat boy or Bandage Girl this run will potentially give you. Cloud Save BEFORE jumping down to the next floor, then jump down (the item is now rolled), use the Book of Revelations, go beat the boss.

If the item drop was the wrong one, reload your Cloud Save from the previous floor and beat the Harbinger again. You get a 50/50 chance to get the correct item each reload. Once you succeed, Cloud Save again BEFORE jumping down, rinse and repeat.

It's been a long while since I beat the game, unfortunately my memory fails me whether Double Trouble rooms and Headless Horsemen are defined by seed, potentially ruining your run. If that happens test it by reloading just in case you can avoid them with savescum, but if you get them twice in a row you should give up and start a new run.

For the record, since everything is rolled on spawn savescum is still an efficient exploit under the latest patch. You can eg. Cloud Save before you force an Angel or a Devil room spawn (beat boss while having increased odds, Joker, Red Chest), then savescum and force it spawn again to get a new item roll every time. This way finding elusive elusive things like Godhead will become much less painful.

Finally, I have no clue whether Afterbirth DLC is going to apply changes to these mechanics whenever it'll be released for Sony platforms too. Avoid.

Edited by ars

I just restarted as Isaac until the first item room had Pyromaniac. Then went in every shop and rerolled them until I could buy Sharp Plug (Can bomb coin machine for money) then you just need an explosive item like Dr. Fetus/Ipecec. So keep rerolling item rooms until one of those or Monster Manual shows up. If you get an explosive item just keep rerolling until you get Monster Manual and then keep using that until they appear. If you get Monster Manual first then you need to hope there's explosive enemies on the floor you can heal off and a way to make another pedestal such as Deck Of Cards. 

It sounds quite complicated but it's not too hard to setup and if you can grab Deck of Cards too then you can use this technique to get all your missing items, especially secret room items.

thanks for this - never would i thought to try this

Baltipie I think my method is more straightforward to adreaders. I don't think http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/ immediately tells you this, but while your seed will define what boss will spawn, their drops are only rolled from their respective item pool on spawn - when the chapter loads.

Thus what you can do is farm chapter 1 until you get a Book of Revelations, use it, and see which drop the first Harbinger gave you. This will now define whether it's the Meat boy or Bandage Girl this run will potentially give you. Cloud Save BEFORE jumping down to the next floor, then jump down (the item is now rolled), use the Book of Revelations, go beat the boss.

If the item drop was the wrong one, reload your Cloud Save from the previous floor and beat the Harbinger again. You get a 50/50 chance to get the correct item each reload. Once you succeed, Cloud Save again BEFORE jumping down, rinse and repeat.

It's been a long while since I beat the game, unfortunately my memory fails me whether Double Trouble rooms and Headless Horsemen are defined by seed, potentially ruining your run. If that happens test it by reloading just in case you can avoid them with savescum, but if you get them twice in a row you should give up and start a new run.

For the record, since everything is rolled on spawn savescum is still an efficient exploit under the latest patch. You can eg. Cloud Save before you force an Angel or a Devil room spawn (beat boss while having increased odds, Joker, Red Chest), then savescum and force it spawn again to get a new item roll every time. This way finding elusive elusive things like Godhead will become much less painful.

Finally, I have no clue whether Afterbirth DLC is going to apply changes to these mechanics whenever it'll be released for Sony platforms too. Avoid.

Great - i'll definitely give this a go tonight