Custom Box Art

DrHambone

Just curious if anyone dabbles in this field. Wanted to know how to go about printing some. Going to go to Office Max or Kinkos to get printed but don't know if I tell them the dimensions it should be printed or if the files are made to be printed at the case's size. Mainly viewing them from vgboxart.com

If anyone has any feel free to share! Couldn't find a thread similar to this anywhere so sorry if this has been posted already.

I had to make a couple for some older games I bought preowned without any covers when I couldn't find any high res art on the interwebs. It's quite fun, but I was very lazy, the front and side had the Aussie rating system on it but the back I found a proper copy of the original back side so I had that but it was American and then a poorly stamped on Aussie rating logo. Good times.

I had to make a couple for some older games I bought preowned without any covers when I couldn't find any high res art on the interwebs. It's quite fun, but I was very lazy, the front and side had the Aussie rating system on it but the back I found a proper copy of the original back side so I had that but it was American and then a poorly stamped on Aussie rating logo. Good times.

Would you happen to know the dimensions or the type of paper you used?

I've seen this site as well but I'm not seeing anywhere info about printing.

Just curious if anyone dabbles in this field. Wanted to know how to go about printing some. Going to go to Office Max or Kinkos to get printed but don't know if I tell them the dimensions it should be printed or if the files are made to be printed at the case's size. Mainly viewing them from vgboxart.com

If anyone has any feel free to share! Couldn't find a thread similar to this anywhere so sorry if this has been posted already.

You would measure them yourself if you aren't sure first.  Then you'll use Photoshop and use the ruler feature.  I've done it for a few game cases that I have had in the past where the cover wasn't kept in good shape.  Some might already have measurements online to use too.

Also, can use any type of paper honestly.  Doesn't have to be a special kind or whatever.

Edited by DEMON

Would you happen to know the dimensions or the type of paper you used?

No, and it was a real asshole to figure out. I printed a few covers off at school since I don't have a printer and I used a program called Cover XP or something like that, it was free when I got it but I don't know about now. Anyway, it prints your sheets directly from in there, so it will take your photo/cover/whatever and print them to be the proper size.

• Like 1