When in world will I get past the 10th challenge?

dev2610

I now have tried innumerable times and an equal amount of video-shadowing (watched several videos and tried to replicate those in the game) and with an aching right wrist and forearms (caused by constant smashing of buttons on PS VITA and considering the small size and bare minimum gap between your hands, the odd holding position of a Vita and the demand of an intense gameplay on such a small device is only adding up to it) I am close to giving up on it now, but I before I let go of this, I had a question for everyone who have played this on Vita:

Have they scaled the difficulty up for the Vita version compared to PS3?

This thought came across when I saw those videos on YouTube and I must say, the Vita version is crazy, compared to it. I mean, seriously, the lunge attacks from the Satyrs push me back out of the platform (the feeling of walking on this platform is equivalent to walking on a slippery layer of ice, you get pushed a little from the pups, leave alone the Satyrs, and you so easily fall off the the platform), while, in the videos the lunge attacks barely move Kratos a few inch. I also noticed that Satyrs perform a lot of those attacks where they pick you up and toss you over their head and mostly out of the platform as compared to the PS3 version. What's more frustrating is reading some of the posts from other gamers who were equally frustrated by this challenge but got them after 2 or 3 hours of trying but for me, its been days sitting with this (evidenced by the gap between my last trophy earned for this game and as of today). this difficulty spike is driving me crazy now.

Does anyone feel or felt likewise?

• Like 1

I know what you're going through. This challenge was a complete and utter pain in the backside. But, as you'll see from the high % here on PSNProfiles, it is completely doable.

If I recall correctly, the method I eventually used to get the trophy was the "stay in the air" method, where you keep spamming the move that launches enemies into the air before following up with an air combo which ends in a ground slam. Like this:

If you do get stuck in an enemies attack, try for a counter-block and follow up with :square:. Overall though, you want to be spamming that lift-combo-slam combination.

You'll need a combination of luck, skill and perseverance. I think this challenge on Vita must have taken me upwards of 50 attempts, probably closer to 100 attempts.

Stick with it. Just keep saying to yourself: "I only need to do this once" and you'll get through it.

P.S. Did you make sure to save your Rage of the Gods for this challenge? If you have that available, it helps a lot.

• Like 1

I know what you're going through. This challenge was a complete and utter pain in the backside. But, as you'll see from the high % here on PSNProfiles, it is completely doable.

If I recall correctly, the method I eventually used to get the trophy was the "stay in the air" method, where you keep spamming the move that launches enemies into the air before following up with an air combo which ends in a ground slam. Like this:

If you do get stuck in an enemies attack, try for a counter-block and follow up with :square:. Overall though, you want to be spamming that lift-combo-slam combination.

You'll need a combination of luck, skill and perseverance. I think this challenge on Vita must have taken me upwards of 50 attempts, probably closer to 100 attempts.

Stick with it. Just keep saying to yourself: "I only need to do this once" and you'll get through it.

P.S. Did you make sure to save your Rage of the Gods for this challenge? If you have that available, it helps a lot.

Thanks for the motivation but I don't know how all of them did it (the high percentage is difficult to understand), it sucks like anything. And yes, I have rage of gods available to use, used it, did that Apollo's Ascension and also followed the method mentioned in the game guide for Vita version available on PSNP, but to no avail. I want to do this, its my first AAA title for Vita and also my first GOW (GOW: GOS on PSP, aside) and I want to have the plat for it but I don't know how. I guess, I'll have to figure it out somehow.

Thanks for the motivation but I don't know how all of them did it (the high percentage is difficult to understand), it sucks like anything. And yes, I have rage of gods available to use, used it, did that Apollo's Ascension and also followed the method mentioned in the game guide for Vita version available on PSNP, but to no avail. I want to do this, its my first AAA title for Vita and also my first GOW (GOW: GOS on PSP, aside) and I want to have the plat for it but I don't know how. I guess, I'll have to figure it out somehow.

Like I said, it sucks. Expect it to be tough and frustrating because it is. Hell, it's called a "challenge", it's not meant to be a walk in the park! There will be moments where you feel like throwing your Vita across the room and smashing it to little pieces while attempting this challenge (don't do that). 

Like I said, luck is an important factor here. In both my successful Vita and PS3 runs at this challenge, I eventually got very lucky and had a run where the Satyrs simply didn't attack whenever I hit the ground. These are the runs that allowed me to succeed.

Stick with it. It's not impossible, just really hard and frustrating. Nor does it require any particular skill as you're only repeating one cheesy move. 

Good luck!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, nbk_GIANTS_fan said:

I kept sayin' c'mon don't give up!!! You only need to this once!!!!

And when I did it.... The trophy didn't  pop up... 1f621.png

I guess I must give it another "once" shot... :facepalm:

I just completed challenge 10 and trophy didn't pop... To just say I'm pissed off would be understatement. I'm redownloading, but small hopes this will pop now. I also glitched two story trophies. This I can get on speedrun. I dunno if I'll play these challenges again though... ?‍♂️ 

On 4/11/2018 at 1:23 PM, aniamalina said:

I just completed challenge 10 and trophy didn't pop... To just say I'm pissed off would be understatement. I'm redownloading, but small hopes this will pop now. I also glitched two story trophies. This I can get on speedrun. I dunno if I'll play these challenges again though... ?‍♂️ 

Well... I did it and the trophy finally poped up! So, you can do it too.

Now I'm trying to complete GOW2 (on Vita too) and guess what? A trophy for collect 18 gorgon eyes didn't popped up... So here I go again!

• 1 year later...
On 11/5/2018 at 2:23 AM, aniamalina said:

There is possibility the satyr sometimes not accept L1 + X
simply died and restart again.

• 2 years later...

this one was pretty tough for me, but i got it eventually using mostly the counter attack. press L1 to the right time and square while the game is in slow mowtion due to the perfect timed block. you will wipe the satyr most of the time from the platform. also i never jumped and never used the circle charge attack!

hopefully this will help someone, i struggled with this and it took me several hours. challenge 10 is not hard, its ridiculous (just on vita, ps3 was pretty easy)