Question about Mercenaries

rockstarjazz

i have three trophies left for the plat - mad skillz, covered in brass and heirlooms.

i need about 400k skill points for mad skillz and about 20 more medals for the covered in brass.

i'm trying to get points using mercenaries but i am unclear how it works.

for example, on my first quick try i finished as jake and got about 17k points, but then when i go to my skills table i dont see 17k added to my existing skills points, its only about 7k?

how do end points for mercenaries convert to skill points?

thanks

how do end points for mercenaries convert to skill points?

By end points do you mean your overall score? The score and SP are two different things; the SP (skill points) are what you pick up from enemy drops, the 'end points' are just a way to see how good you were depending on your combo and when you killed the mini-bosses, it has no effect on how many SP you will get.

I guess it would be faster if you played on the hardest difficulty, the one that came as DLC. I haven't tried it myself, but I read somewhere that it was the best method.

When I played I farmed points in that mission which you fight an invisible snake, there are many valuable treasures in that mission.

Edited by RangyRV

That DLC mode is called No Hope and it doubles the SP you get. But i think Mercs is the least boring way to farm.

i think i'll get some of the easy medals and just grind the SP by playing easy mode over and over.

If you're really going to grind the SP then i recommend selecting Jake's Chapter 4 on No Hope, pick the Poisawan Shopping District checkpoint then just go through destroying all barrels and opening the two chests, open the door at the end so it saves then back out and repeat, this place has no enemies and you can get just about 20k SP or so in less than a minute.

• Like 2