at whits end with the wingsuit challenges

Taliesin_2943

ok ive been told just about everywhere my problems dont exist or that i just suck but that cannot be the problem

in the wingsuit tours/challenges some work fine nail them with no problems but alot i suffer from various problems like running out of momentum ill be going great and all of a sudden its like the wingsuit ran out of gas and i start going down and nothing i do will get me back up ive even tried grappel slingshotting and that actually has 2 results it slows me down or it slings me into the dirt where the grapple shot

or ill be going fine and then its like i fly into a hurricane i start going every which way out of control flipping and rolling around

or ill go through the bullsye and it awards like 750 points or whatever insted of 2000 

or ill go through every marker bullseye and still be missing a whole gears worth of points

i dunno what to do ive been trying to get these done since about 3 days after it released and really not making much progress every once in awhile ill get one that has no issues and its fine or ill do great but messed up on one and go back to redo it and suddenly its having the above mentioned issues

and ive tried resetting the consol deleting and reinstalling the game all that still issues

and i cant even shareplay cause my internet sucks royally out here in the country

Maybe you just suck?

Just kidding.

In all seriousness, is there anyway you can post a video (like with Share Factory) of the issues you're experiencing? I've encountered about three or four truly challenging wing suit courses, but many, once you get the hang of it, aren't that bad. The three or four that are a pain will take hours to finally succeed in getting five gears. Also, wing suit mods aid in beating some challenges. I recommend trying to activate all but the one where you automatically close the wing suit if you break and slow down too much. (That mod will royally screw you over if you have it active when doing some of the harder courses.)

Maybe you just suck?

Just kidding.

In all seriousness, is there anyway you can post a video (like with Share Factory) of the issues you're experiencing? I've encountered about three or four truly challenging wing suit courses, but many, once you get the hang of it, aren't that bad. The three or four that are a pain will take hours to finally succeed in getting five gears. Also, wing suit mods aid in beating some challenges. I recommend trying to activate all but the one where you automatically close the wing suit if you break and slow down too much. (That mod will royally screw you over if you have it active when doing some of the harder courses.)

i can try but it wont do much good with my slow internet i can only rely upload clips that are afew seconds long dunno if its long enough to see what im refering to

I had this happen to me before, I would go dead center and still not get perfect. There were seriously 3-4 of them that were challenging and 2 of them rooks me hours to hit five gears. Sometimes I think I just got lucky. For me I just stuck with it and eventually I got them.

Yes I know how it's supposed to work out in free roam it works more often but in these challenges it'll either pull me head first into whatever it's latched to or it acts like an anchor and makes me slow down even more and in that 1 out of 10 chance it slings me faster but now I'm heading off course at a fast pace

here is the video showing the severe momentum loss i described if irun into any of the other issues and can catch it on a decent size video ill post it too to show

Hey I think your technique is wrong. Your problem with losing momentum starts right after the first ring. It appears as if between ring 1 and 2 you press forward on the left stick making you nose dive. You then need to pull back on the left stick to make the second ring. This has already caused a lot of momentum loss by the time you are at the aircraft hanger. After the first ring you should be just tweaking the left stick slightly to line up for ring 2 and so on. When you get to the hanger, you don't want to be pulling back on the stick hard to avoid hitting the ground, you will just lose speed. This needs to be a more gradual motion.

I did also experience a few "gravity" bugs with the wing suit but I just closed the game and restarted the console and they were cleared. They only appeared once or twice in my run to the platinum and only after long periods of play.

Hey I think your technique is wrong. Your problem with losing momentum starts right after the first ring. It appears as if between ring 1 and 2 you press forward on the left stick making you nose dive. You then need to pull back on the left stick to make the second ring. This has already caused a lot of momentum loss by the time you are at the aircraft hanger. After the first ring you should be just tweaking the left stick slightly to line up for ring 2 and so on. When you get to the hanger, you don't want to be pulling back on the stick hard to avoid hitting the ground, you will just lose speed. This needs to be a more gradual motion.

I did also experience a few "gravity" bugs with the wing suit but I just closed the game and restarted the console and they were cleared. They only appeared once or twice in my run to the platinum and only after long periods of play.

im not pressing forward thats the game trying to nose dive me and me trying to keep myself in the air it has always done that to me unless i eep tpping back ill just start dipping down and eventually full nose dive and sometimes i end up with way to much momentum and i warp right past the rings without a chance to even angle for them this happends alot when theres multiple colored rings or when theres a hard turn in the challenge by the time i can turn im alway waaaaay past the ring and fail and if i try turning before hand well it dosnt work

im steadily getting lucky through some of the problem ones but theres a few without fail no matter what it rams me into walls i run outta gas or other problems

im not pressing forward thats the game trying to nose dive me and me trying to keep myself in the air it has always done that to me unless i eep tpping back ill just start dipping down and eventually full nose dive and sometimes i end up with way to much momentum and i warp right past the rings without a chance to even angle for them this happends alot when theres multiple colored rings or when theres a hard turn in the challenge by the time i can turn im alway waaaaay past the ring and fail and if i try turning before hand well it dosnt work

im steadily getting lucky through some of the problem ones but theres a few without fail no matter what it rams me into walls i run outta gas or other problems

That is pretty unlucky then. My only suggestion would be to restart the console as I did and the issues seemed to clear up.

Also, just a thought, maybe an issue with your controller? I found I couldn't get planes to take off as I couldn't get enough speed. I found out by pressing REALLY hard on R2 actually made the plane get enough speed to take off. So I guess my R2 button is starting to fail... could be the same for your control stick potentially?

After watching it a couple times, I would agree with Adam about the controller issue. If you're not doing anything wrong, chances are it's a controller issue. You seem to lose momentum way too fast and it's baffling my mind. I remember that wing suit course you posted in that video and after flying through the hangar, you're supposed to gain a lot of momentum, but something (whether it's your controller, your  technique, the game or something else) is preventing that from happening.

well i have finally gotten past that 1 from the video eventually it barely let me stay high enough to get around the corner and through the higher rings and the rest was down hill so that helped but ive tried with 3 controllers, resetting the consol all that and im saying its the game itll just randomly screw with me for several attemps then barely let me scrap by sometimes letting me get nearly to the end and itll start acting up again its driving me nuts it shoud not be having these issues and im not even the only one i have local friends suffering this too and most gave up already im periodically going back for atleast an hour a day and plying it its all i can take of that mess but im hopeing eventually itll let me through them all