Uncharted 4 multiplayer sounds like it will offer some huge maps.

The developer behind Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has indicated the hotly anticipated action-adventure sequel will feature some pretty expansive multiplayer maps.

Speaking on Twitter over the Christmas break, multiplayer lead Robert Cogburn teased, “Played the 3 largest maps we have in the game yesterday. So awesome people from the office come by and share their stories after a playtest.”

In addition, Cogburn added that the studio would be sharing more details on the multiplayer component for Uncharted 4 soon. 

Naughty Dog revealed the Uncharted 4 multiplayer during an action-packed trailer at PlayStation Experience 2015 in December, with players later getting their first hands-on experience with the online mode during the closed beta for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. However, the developer has since commented that Uncharted 4 is unlikely to receive an open beta prior to release. The multiplayer has been confirmed to run at 900p/60fps.

The multiplayer will feature a number of characters past and present, including Drake, Sully, Sam, Chloe, Elena, Cutter and more, and will incorporate the series mystical elements as in-game weapons to wield against your opponents. In addition, players can also call upon AI-controlled squadmates to aid them in combat during times of crisis. 

Uncharted: A Thief’s End is due out exclusively on PS4 on April 26. Set three years after its predecessor, this latest instalment in the series takes players on a globe-trotting journey as Drake and his pals battle against mercenaries while on the trail of a legendary pirate treasure in Madagascar. The game has been confirmed by Naughty Dog to be the final outing in Drake’s storyline, and while nothing has been set in stone regarding the future of the franchise, the studio has admitted it is difficult to imagine continuing the series without the lovable rogue. 

Naughty Dog has said that it has at least one more game in store for the PS4, although remains tight-lipped on the identity of any future projects.

I think this will be the first Uncharted game that I end up playing the multiplayer component as much as the single-player component.

Edited by Kitana

I would want more dynamic intros like Airstrip and London Underground from Uncharted 3. It gaves me an insight on way the hell I'm fighting in an underground train station.

Just don't make them Battlefield big, were I spend more time playing hide and seek.

Edited by Suicide_Tortuga

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, that font hurts my brain.  :blink:

Nah the font is fine!  :D

I think this will be the first Uncharted game that I end up playing the multiplayer component as much as the single-player component.

Uncharted MP was extremely fun by the way so I think you're honestly missing out. I mostly stuck to the cooperative stuff and that was a blast to play with friends. I've spent countless hours in coop arena battles because they were so addicting and really fun to play. I love to especially kick up the difficulty to crushing because it makes completing objectives in the MP that much more satisfying. As a massive fan of the Uncharted games and having played all the entries thus far I am absolutely stoked for Nate's final outing!  xD

Edited by WinterHitman

Nah the font is fine!  :D

Uncharted MP was extremely fun by the way so I think you're honestly missing out. I mostly stuck to the cooperative stuff and that was a blast to play with friends. I've spent countless hours in coop arena battles because they were so addicting and really fun to play. I love to especially kick up the difficulty to crushing because it makes completing objectives in the MP that much more satisfying. As a massive fan of the Uncharted games and having played all the entries thus far I am absolutely stoked for Nate's final outing!  xD

The fonts can drive my astigmatism crazy.

Uncharted MP was not fun for me either. I'm glad that your experience was positive, but I didn't miss out on anything.

I'll give the new MP a chance, but I expect more of the same.

Edited by DaivRules

You should have seen the font before Kitana edited it.  ;)

Oh it was changed? lol Could've fooled me! Thanks for that piece of info btw.

The fonts can drive my astigmatism crazy.

Uncharted MP was not fun for me either. I'm glad that your experience was positive, but I didn't miss out on anything.

I'll give the new MP a chance, but I expect more of the same.

HP pointed out that it was changed. I don't know of any font that messes with my eyes but that's a shame that it hurt yours.

Anyway yeah the MP for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 was spectacular. I loved the versatility of the level designs, all the different maps you could play on and like I mentioned before, I LOVE the coop modes the most (I sometimes dabble in the competitive aspect).  But I'm more of a cooperative person than a competitive one.  ;)

Edited by WinterHitman