Does this game feature Checkpoints like Sanandreas does?

If you want checkpoints and Vice City in the same sentence, might I suggest the mobile port? Hook up a Bluetooth controller (and a Micro HDMI cable if you're so inclined) and you're sweet.

The mobile version has checkpoints in a bunch of missions, higher res textures and shit, custom soundtrack support (the main soundtrack is missing a few songs but nowhere near as many as the new version of San Andreas), you keep your weapons and shit when you're busted and so on. 

The mobile version is a really good update and it's only 5 or 6 bucks anyway, if it's on sale it's even less. If you're gonna sit out on the PS4 version and miss out on trophies, then there's no reason not to play the phone version then.

Anyway, do whatever you want, I'm just throwing it out there that the mobile GTA's are sweet so long as you don't have to use a touchscreen.

As mentioned, mobile version is the way to go if the autosaves mean that much. That being said, Vice City really doesn't need checkpoints as much as SA or even GTAIII. I'm not trying to pretend the game is always easy and that it isn't sometimes a hassle managing your save the old fashioned way. But, VC was sort of a refinement of the mission style of GTAIII. So really, it's the best parts of GTAIIIs missions without any of the unfairness and difficulty that comes from experimenting with a new engine. But, by comparison to San Andreas, Vice City's missions are much shorter in scope so replaying a failed mission is not nearly as much of a hassle as it can be in San Andreas. SA obviously benefits from checkpoints to save you doing those long drives across the state just to retry a faraway mission trigger, only to travel all the way back. But there's not many missions in VC that would even benefit much from the checkpoint system. Maybe the Heist mission at the Malibu? 

Edited by Rodni_Demental