Tharsis looks great ... curse that huge backlog.

Maitre

Any general tips and strategies would be appreciated.

I gradually got better after a 30 turns or so as I paid attention to significant Events only, but I still haven't reached Mars ONCE due to many errors with a little bit of clunkiness with the controls (not complaining, it was my fault). But, there is some huge luck involved (which is the point of the game after all) with getting the right turns with the right characters with the right dice at the right time in the right places.

I keep getting overwhelmed with Events and I have no idea how to do the survive 9 hull damage trophy. I guess you repair to max then use a research card? I can't tell if it goes above maximum or not.

Any general tips and strategies would be appreciated.

Two pieces of advice:

1. Do not underestimate the importance of maintaining a low stress level. The decisions you're forced to make between rounds, which are affected by stress, can destroy or save you. Use research points to decrease the crew's stress whenever you can.

2. Save time, don't dawdle. With smart play you can expect an 8-10% win rate, so don't try to so hard to win every single game. If you experience a bad beat, especially early on, concentrate on getting the resource related trophies (eat all the meat, fill up research, etc.) as you wait for your inevitable demise. The sooner you get a bad game over with, the sooner you can try your luck again.

• Like 2

The link in m'y first post has a lot of good tips, but here are the best i have.

Having à high number of dice all membres goes à long way of clearing your road to mars. With this in mind :

If you have an évent in either of the modules that provide food and extra dice. Using low dice rolls to active thé modules bonuses should take priority.

Using the captains ability either first or last in the turn where 2 other members are also provides good help.

Do not underestimate thé usefulness of research. All your excess dice should go hère. And dont forget that you can spend 1 research dice to shuffle thé research which is especially useful when all research need more than 4 points. You never leave à module with dice hanging except in rare cases.

Sometimes using the repair shop module is better than actually trying to clear an event.

Try to clear évents with void first in thé turn while you still have assistante available or use the assistante module first.

Membres with 1 or 2 hp should try to activite infirmary, it heals all hp.

Using human meals should be kept to absolue necessity since it drops the maximum hp and augment stress by 50%.

• Like 1

Maitre,

It seems I've come to all those tips slowly, but I will put more focus to these areas. It's amazing... I'm doing all the right things with the right things on my mind and still stupid mistake or a horrible turn of events (pun... ahh).

I have one question.. what is the assistante module you're referring to? The Life Support (dice refill) module?

Also any tips on surviving with one crew member? I definitely can't figure out a good way to stay alive past 2 turns. Also, surviving 9 damage is confusing as you need to have research to go above the armor capacity... I think. I know of no other way.

Thanks for the help and response. Also congrats on the 100%... I'm happy people are succeeding at this thinking game.

Also, surviving 9 damage is confusing as you need to have research to go above the armor capacity... I think. I know of no other way.

You don't need to take nine damage at the end of the turn, you simply need to survive a turn in which nine damage would have occurred. When you find yourself in a turn with 9+ impending damage, complete enough events and repair your ship so that at the end of the turn your hull is greater than the damage.

• Like 1