Dealing with difficult courses?

maneceel96

hey guys so I've been playing this game for a couple days now and so far it's pretty good, when i'm kicking ass that is. I'm having trouble with the US Open at St. Andrews or whatever it's called. There's f**king hills right next to the hole! i get that it's the big championship and it's supposed to be challenging but even on arcade setting i can't aim for sh*t. I don't understand the point of the white line, i thought it was telling me to follow it and it'll go in. NOOOOOOPE! it shows you what'll happen if you hit the ball perfectly. It's so frustrating because i have to keep backing out and restarting the round every time i get gang banged by those hills. Most the time i can't even see where the hill goes up or down. It's annoying, please help.

I got the plat in 2 days, and the putting is something that comes along the more you play. I play golf outside of video games and it's a feel thing that will come the more you practice.

The white line gives you the line if hit almost perfect. The key part you need to pay attention to is whether the putt is uphill or downhill. You will need to adjust the distance based upon that factor. The little white dots that you will see moving on the putting grid will show you how much uphill or downhill the putt is. Generally you hit more if the dots are moving towards you, and less if they are moving away from you. I encourage you to look it up on Youtube because after a quick Google search I found several videos pertaining to the putting in the game.

U.S. Open is rather difficult. My best finish was 3rd, and it took me 2 tries thus far. Right now, I am going through the challenges, since you need 350 total stars, and to complete all challenges to get all the trophies for that. I also need an unranked session, which is the only online trophy left for me, and it appears no one plays unranked anymore. So I may start a gaming session. Fell free to join that if you need the online trophies.

My only other difficulty is the 7th challenge in Paracel Storm, where you have to apply backspin to the ball. Nothing works, even though I am applying backspin correctly (moving L2 down).

Edited by ShogunCroCop

• 3 months later...

U.S. Open is rather difficult. My best finish was 3rd, and it took me 2 tries thus far. Right now, I am going through the challenges, since you need 350 total stars, and to complete all challenges to get all the trophies for that. I also need an unranked session, which is the only online trophy left for me, and it appears no one plays unranked anymore. So I may start a gaming session. Fell free to join that if you need the online trophies.

My only other difficulty is the 7th challenge in Paracel Storm, where you have to apply backspin to the ball. Nothing works, even though I am applying backspin correctly (moving L2 down).

A late reply but what shot are you using? I am using Arcade and use X or L1 to backspin. Either one you choose.