Amazon Prime offers 20% off preorders and new video games

ShadowStar83x

Amazon has announced a new benefit for their Amazon Prime and I'm actually quite excited. From the time a preorder is offered on Amazon.com to two weeks after release, Amazon will apply a 20% discount to any physical title. It's similar to Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked. However, since Amazon has no sales tax in most states (for now, at least) and free release day delivery, I actually think it's better!

Amazon Prime Offers 20% Off New Video Games

I've canceled all of my existing preorders (except the Megadimension Neptunia VII Limited Edition since Amazon doesn't offer it) and put them on Amazon. happydance.gif

I've canceled all of my existing preorders (except the Megadimension Neptunia VII Limited Edition since Amazon doesn't offer it) and put them on Amazon. happydance.gif

Did the same and put it all towards the Street Fighter V Collector's Edition which was on pre-order deal for $79.99 yesterday (prime-only). 

Not sure if that deal is still up for anyone that is interested, it appears at checkout. Seems like the better option for buying games for me at the moment, free shipping and no taxes.  The only drawback is waiting for the game to arrive but I can live with that :P

In the boardrooms of the shitty game developers right after getting the call that Amazon, possibly their largest retailer, is doing this:

"Great news everybody! Update all development and release cycles to have day one downloadable content. If Amazon pulls the pre-order numbers that we expect with this new Prime deal, it won't matter what we ship! This is the easiest money we ever made!!"